Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2013 08:00

Error message: Windows Explorer has stopped working > Windows Explorer is resetting. (Loops on initial boot) - Vista OS

I may have caused this issue do to vaccuming the keyboard for dust.  Since than, upon booting of the pc,  a Microsoft message appears stating:  >>WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND WINDOWS EXPLORER IS RESETTING<<  as a result of explorer closing, I am not able to access the Control Panel.  I have tried to restore the pc to an earlier time but now I am getting a message after the restore process, stating the restore was not  successful. Are there any solutions other than a destructive restore?

943 Posts

March 14th, 2013 08:00

Hi Dwight Jackson,

This issue could be a result of the following issues:

• You may be using an outdated or corrupted video driver
  • System files on your PC may be corrupt or mismatched with other files
  • You may have a Virus or Malware infection on your PC 
  • Some applications or services running on your PC may be causing Windows Explorer to stop working

Please try the following steps in order to resolve the issue :

Update the current video driver from www.support.dell.com using the link below :

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

Run System File Checker (CFS) to check your files. Use System File Checker to scan your PC for missing or corrupt files. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Search box.
  2. In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator. You may be prompted to type the password for an administrator account.
  3. Click Continue if you are the administrator or type the administrator password and then, click Continue.
  4. At the command prompt, type Sfc /scannowand then press ENTER.

The scan may take some time, which is normal. Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that are found. If information from the installation CD is needed to repair the problem, you may be prompted to insert the Windows CD.

Hope this resolves the issue for you.

Please reply in case you need further assistance with your query.

Thanks and regards, 
Prateek_K
#iworkfordell

17 Posts

September 24th, 2015 09:00

Cause
This issue can be caused due to any of the following issues:
You may be using an outdated or corrupted video driver
System files on your PC may be corrupt or mismatched with other files
You may have a Virus or Malware infection on your PC
Some applications or services running on your PC may be causing Windows Explorer to stop working

http://www.deskdecode.com/how-to-fix-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working/

No Events found!