Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2015 22:00

Escalation Matrix - Inspiron Laptops India (Service Tag : | Express Service Code:)

Hi. Can someone suggest the escalation path to be followed for seeking support for inspiron laptops in India beyond escalation team? The following conversation and my response to the escalation team is a case in point to demonstrate how customers are being taken for a ride. 12 days after having raised a service request, I see that it is closed in Dell systems and my laptop is not functional yet!

---------------------------------

Dear Vibhu Labroo,

Thank you for your recent contact with Dell Technical Support. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you to help ensure you continue to enjoy the use of your Dell system.

The following information is related to our recent call: 

Service Request Number <ADMIN NOTE: service request number removed per privacy policy>

As per our discussion on Nov 30th , 2015 , I have forwarded your case to system replacement team and within 2 to 3 working days you will get a call from their side mean while kindly take the entire data backup of your laptop Hard Disk.

We would like to inform that Dell is going to offer whole unit replacement or system replacement. Please allow me to explain the procedure of the whole unit replacement or system replacement .

Process

·         Whole Unit Replacement ( WUR) Or System Replacement will take Maximum 35 to 40 days.
·         You will get a call from WUR team within 2 to 3 working days .
·         Dell will offer  you REFURBISHED laptop.
·         Dell will pick and provide you receipt of receiving of the laptop.
·         Warranty will be Residual warranty & same warranty which current laptop is carrying.

You may also visit  http://dell.co.in/support ; to access Drivers, Order Status, Manuals or other information regarding your system.

Please follow us on YouTube  for online video support http://dell.to/13ijS47

Your satisfaction is very important to us.  Thank you for choosing Dell.

Thanks & Regards,

Pawan Budhwar | Senior Support Resolver

Dell | India | Consumer, Small and Medium Business

My work schedule is 10 AM To 7 PM IST  Monday to Friday

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
<<#2026929-10255852#>> 

Vibhu Labroo   

9:29 AM (2 hours ago)

Hi Pawan

It is unfortunate that Dell representatives communicates one thing and do just the opposite. I wonder if they operate in this manner with someone from their fraternity, how do they operate with others! Let me put things in perspective, so that the record is set straight from my end.

21-Nov: I called up Dell for the faulty system issues and was assured of immediate service
24-Nov: the 1st novice visits my place, spends 2 hrs replacing my laptop LED assembly declares that the motherboard is faulty. It is no surprise that he scratches the back panel of my laptop in a rush and uses language not worthy of being mentioned on email.
26-Nov: the 2nd novice visits my place with the back panel and motherboard. I spend another 2 hrs watching the exercise and a long drawn conversation with dell support where the engineer explains that the motherboard seems to be DOI. Dell support assures fixing everything by allowing yet another visit and promises to send both motherboard, LED assembly and the palmrest as per their conversation with the engineer. In the meantime, the engineer manages to drop my laptop hard disk flat on the ground. And let me tell you that it has been damaged as I realized while taking its backup.
28-Nov: The engineer visits me for the 3rd time and surprise, surprise declares that the LED assembly hasn't been sent after all! You can hear the recorded conversation at leisure when you get the time. Anyway, the replacement of the motherboard doesn't work and I waste another precious evening sitting and watching where your hardware doesn't work. I would have liked to know more about the quality processes your hardware team follows before shipping components but then I'd be wasting my time as there would be none to mention.

In all this exchange, I have wasted whole lot of personal time, energy and patience in dealing with the engineers, customer care, support and yourself and the result is a big ZERO. I stand on 12th day of my having raise the complaint and my laptop is far from fixed. I was promised that the replacement team will contact me within 24 HRS of our conversation. Instead, your email comes in 24 HRS later declaring that it'll be another 2-3 days before the replacement team contacts me! In what world does one handles support and escalations like this? In the IT organizations that I have been part of, such support handling would surely invite a 'pink slip' to all concerned. But then clearly Dell does not follow a culture where quality and customer satisfaction are considered above rest. I am forced to compromise and wait for some inept & red tape laden Dell processes to gradually unravel and allow delivery of a refurbished laptop 45-60 days after having raised the service request as if the past 3 exercises of experimenting with my laptop weren't enough! Needless to add that I stay a highly dissatisfied customer at the end who can only wallow in self pity regretting his decision to buy a dell laptop in the first place.

Without any regards,
Vibhu Labroo

No Responses!
No Events found!