Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2015 02:00

External Display not working in Dell Vostro 14-3446

hi all,

when i connect vga cable to external monitor or TV, iam unable to project in 2nd display, tried with multiple cables, tired projector,tv,monitor - still no go, kindly suggest a solution of work around.

OS re-installed, updated bios,chipset,

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

January 15th, 2015 08:00

Hi Vijaymohanraj08,

Thanks for the post! As well as updating BIOS / Chipset drivers I would also recommend installing the system video drivers, updating to the latest available from the support site here (Intel’s A02 video driver linked below). After updating Intel the nVIDIA driver can be installed if the hardware is installed/ordered with your system.  

Intel HD Graphics Driver – Win 64-Bit

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=5F8YF

Intel HD Graphics Driver – Win 32-Bit

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=1VXM8&fileId=3424033264&osCode=W732&productCode=vostro-14-3446&languageCode=EN&categoryId=VI

We also have some great troubleshooting guides to help set up a multi monitor configuration. If after updating the drivers the set up continues to give you trouble check out http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN128740/EN & https://support.microsoft.com/kb/976064/en-us , let us know if the issues persists.

Thanks,

January 15th, 2015 21:00

Mobo replaced - still same issue
even tried by connecting Panasonic projector - not getting display
if external monitor display was coming normally.
system having Nvidia graphics
Intel driver updated :- 10.18.10.3960
Nvidia:- 9.18.13.3311
Windows 8.1
found Intel driver is already updated
update Nvidia driver:- 9.18.13.3235
no HDMI port available in this model
kindly suggest from here...

January 15th, 2015 21:00

Hi Shawn,

I tried these above and still I am unable to extend or duplicate in TV, kindly suggest any other work around or TS,

I have contacted TV manufacturer but no hope, manufacturer connected latitude,inspiron,studio laptops seems working fine, even checked with vostro 2520,1550 working fine, only 14-3446 Is not giving display in TV, I am trying Panasonic TV.

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

January 16th, 2015 08:00

Hi Vijaymohanraj08,

Make sure, if you’ve not already, that the resolution and refresh rate settings of the system match that of the television. Panasonic should be able to provide you the compatible resolutions and refresh rates of the display, too high or too low could prevent the display from functioning with the system.

Is the Panasonic television being detected at all in the Windows or nNVIDIA control panels / Is the television able to detect the signal being sent from the system?

If the system is functioning normally with other external monitors, but failing to with the Panasonic television / projector after these settings have been confirmed, I’m afraid it may simply be an incompatibility between the two pieces of hardware.

Thanks,

January 20th, 2015 02:00

hi shawn,

i contacted  Panasonic tech support  and service engg visited my shop, i arranged vostro 14 3446 from my customer, we did 2hrs  of R&D,

1. checked all possible combination refresh rate - no go

2. with,without & diff  graphics drivers | checked with ubuntu OS - no go

3. checked with diff  VGA cables - 1,1.5 meter,2 meter, 15mtr  - no go

finally checked multiple brand laptops\models in same TV - external display working fine, even very old dell inspirion laps  with very low config &  XP OS able to project in same  Panasonic TV  !!!!  WHY not Vostro 14-3446.

Panasonic sent  email from tech support stating no compatibility issue with there H\W !! 

i have to answer my customer tomorrow ????

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

January 20th, 2015 13:00

Hi Vijaymohanraj08,

Try checking the system with other external monitors if available and make sure the system is functioning normally with other external monitors to confirm no hardware failures, contacting support in your region should the device fail with more than just this one television. I would also suggest testing multiple resolutions as well as refresh rates. Is the television detected at all in the operating system?

January 23rd, 2015 02:00

hi Shawn,

working fine in external  monitors,projectors, i contacted tech support and they have replaced motherboard twice and close the case stating no h\w issue. same Panasonic TV is getting detected by Vostro 2520,3540, v131 and display is fine, yes television is getting detected in all OS, if you provide me any mailbox i can share you some pictures for your review and consideration. this issue is not resolved on all ends. hope we will get concrete answer from Dell  technical support, my customer believes in Dell..hope name will restores :) 

No Events found!