Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

6 Posts

December 11th, 2008 21:00

Eyelash trapped inside the LCD Screen !

I have got an eyelash trapped inside the LCD screen of my Dell XPS 1530 laptop and the Dell customer support refuse to service it, saying it is a problem with the way I use my laptop.

I am just wondering if anyone can guide me how to use a laptop without getting eyelashes (and god knows what else) getting inside the screen.

or some one know how to eyelsh-proof the Dell laptop screens.

315 Posts

December 12th, 2008 09:00

:^/ It's difficult for me to imagine how an eyelash can get inside an LCD screen, unless you have an adhesive screen protector and the eyelash is actually between that and the screen.  Perhaps Dell has a clear plastic layer layered over the LCD part as standard.  In that case, removing the eyelash would involve disassembling the display housing.

Refer to the owner's manual for details, if you're willing to tackle this yourself, or get a local repair shop to do it if you're at all hesitant.  Bear in mind that doing this may void your warranty if Dell finds out.  So shhhh....

6 Posts

December 12th, 2008 20:00

Thanks for the reply Pseudonym.

Surprisingly, this eyelash is inside, I REPEAT INSIDE the LCD screen! When you press the screen, it starts floating inside the TFT film !!!.

May be I have missed the part in the users' manual where they talk about sealing the lousy LCD screen that comes with the XPS systems before using it.

Or the system which I got was not compatible with humans with eyelashes

Or was that burried inside the monitor at the time of shipping itself ?

If that is the case, May be I have to do a DNA test of the eyelash to find who is the culprit and reclaim my warranty ?

315 Posts

December 13th, 2008 09:00

:^/ If the eyelash is truly embedded within the LCD screen itself, then it's a manufacturing defect that didn't get caught until the product reached the customer.  I'd try contacting Dell's customer service again and being more stubborn.  If you get rejected, ask to speak with someone higher up. 

;^) Oh, and a tip to the wise, in case others are reading this and have similar troubles: Don't approach the support staff with an in-your-face, I'm-right-and-you're-wrong attitude.  People hate that, even when it's true.  (Scratch that; people hate that especially when it's true.)  Instead, present yourself as the concerned customer who feels that Dell will get lots of trouble (from other customers, of course,) unless you help Dell out by cluing them in.  You'll get better results that way; more flies are attracted to honey than to vinegar.  (Of course, manure takes the prize any day, but that's a different story....)

6 Posts

December 16th, 2008 08:00

I called Dell again, and this time they agreed to replace the screen and they did it the very next day :)

I saw the screen while the technician was replacing it, there is no way of getting anything like that inside, it was well sealed

It is a manufacturing defect I suppose.

No Events found!