Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2011 16:00

FT903

I now own a $3500.00 paperweight all because of yet another defunct Nvidia graphics card. This is just one of many in a long line of premature failures in Nvidia branded hardware. Why do I keep buying Nvidia? Stupidity I guess. If anyone knows where I can purchase a refurbished FT903 or C73YJ (Nvidia Quadro FX 3600M) please let me know. I've searched Google, Yahoo, E-Bay, etc., and everyone that states the item is "in stock" is lying. When I place an order I get a response of: "item currently unavailable or out of stock" (if they respond at all) and cancel the order. Dell's response to this issue: Hmmm, that's a shame, too bad we can't help you either. I recently purchased a Precision M6600 and am now wondering when it will be my new door stop. Thanks Dell!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 7th, 2011 17:00

It's really not worth replacing.  The card will simply fail again.

8 Posts

October 7th, 2011 18:00

I have read that this card has a defect and is prone to fail so I would agree with your statement, it will probably fail again. So, what to do? The balance on the system is in perfect condition, looks like it was just unpacked and the remaining components are working perfectly. Do I just part the thing out on e-bay? Guess that's my only other option, what a joke. No more Dell for me.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 7th, 2011 18:00

Have you tried heating the card in an oven for a few minutes?  It may buy you some added life.

Unfortunately there are no ATI video options for this model - and this is an nVidia problem that has affected every manufacturer who used the chips.

No Events found!