Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2017 05:00

Facing issue with the charger pin ( connector tip)

I'm using Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop. I'm facing issue with the charger, the adapter's green light is on, but keyboard's blue light is not on and on screen it giving continuous reminder when I'm turning on my laptop " charging connected but adapter- unknown". On screen the battery shows charger plugged in, not charging.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 18th, 2017 09:00

:emotion-2:

According to your image, the status of the AC adapter is Unknown. The error usually means there's a issue with the adapter, and most likely needs to replace with a genuine Dell adapter that suitable for the system.  However, I suggest checking the adapter in the BIOS again but this time, wiggle adapter's end while checking it and see if the adapter type appears. I also suggest you check the ID pin in the center of the connector tip to ensure it is not bent or missing. Check the wall outlet and adapter brick are firmly connected to each other. Please click on link below for additional information:

AC Adapter Error Message Occurs

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 18th, 2017 09:00

Lastly,

In the BIOS, stroll down to 'Load Defaults' to Reset the BIOS to Default Values. Hopefully AC adapter type show up.

No Events found!