Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

October 29th, 2009 15:00

Failed Attempt At Free Upgrade To Windows 7. Log in error. HELP

Alright so I have been excitedly waiting for the release of windows 7 ever since I heard about it, and tried to upgrade the night it came out a week ago. I stumbled upon this page to upgrade to windows 7 https://win7.dell.com/Default.aspx . I click continue, fill in the information on the next page, enter my pc information and it says I qualify for a free upgrade. ( "Your system is eligible for an upgrade to Windows 7. Please hit Continue to proceed with set up of your account." ) Click continue and enter the information about my operating system. I then proceed to click continue, and it leads me to a blank screen...  EDIT: the right side of the image got chopped off, it should say "Account Login" to the right

I have gone through this process at least 10 times and confirm that every time it goes to a blank screen.

So I look through my options: Register For Update, FAQs, Contact Us, Account login. Register for update simply restarts the upgrade process, bringing me to the same blank screen, FAQs open useless questions in a new tab, Contact Us brought me to the forums, and Account Login doesn't work in the following way. 

It brings me here https://win7.dell.com/Login.aspx which doesn't save any of the information I just entered. I attempt to login and it says "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again." I know the password is correct (because I'm logged in right now) and I even created another account with another email and tried to login and it said the same thing. 

What can I do now? After entering the information it leaves me with a blank screen, and it won't let me log in. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. 

1 Message

October 31st, 2009 14:00

Good Luck.I was able to register mine,and received an email from Dell confirming it.Now my password to my account does not work and I am stuck.The account won't let me change.I bought another laptop and the upgrade account works fine.I have emailed several times,no response.I have called and that was a waste of time

I hope someone at Dell is watching this thread.I have wasted too much time over a simple matter and would think someone could get the Win 7 upgrade site to work.

3 Posts

November 1st, 2009 10:00

join a growing list now nov. 1st my is registered but no email to order, try to log in to upgrade site same thing incorrect log in. have sent 7 emails to date i will email every day, response is always the same log into update site they tell me. what a joke THATS THE PROBLEM, if i could order the upgrade pay for it  and charge the bill back to dell i would. guess i will just buy it and maybe forget this in another week. i have an account with them and may just close it out and go back to hp. poor poor service. good luck to you.

No Events found!