Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 15th, 2012 21:00

Fan noise of Inspiron N5110

Hi there, I´ve got Dell Inspiron N5110 which I purchased 5 months ago. Since I´ve bought it, I can hear some noise all the time, before the fan start running. That´s mean sometimes it´s every minute. It´s like 0,5 second long noise, similar like 10 quick cracks or clicks.. I´m not sure, maybe it´s normal, but my friend, who bought same notebook hasn´t notice any noise.  I can´t notice that noise, when is not silence around. But for example at night when is not any noise around it getting be annoying.  Please, does anyone notice similar noise of the fan on Dell Inspiron N5110? Thanks a lot. :emotion-5:

February 11th, 2015 10:00

Hi ,

I have same problem in my dell ispiron N5110.

Why Toyota cars recalls the buyers and changes parts when it fails.

Why Dell does not do so.they should realize that their fans is rubbish and must be re-designed..

Dell can not manufacture good fan this is real...

I can help them on new fan design...if they needs help.

I think All of you will join me that they needs help.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

August 16th, 2012 04:00

Hi  Dzejkobo,

Welcome to the Community,

Try updating the BIOS from this link below :

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15r-n5110

If there is no change even after updating BIOS,run the Hardware diagnostics tap F12 on start up,select Diagnostics.This will automatically start running the Quick test.Press ESC key to stop Quick test, select CPU/Processor fan,select Thorough Test (at the bottom TEST MODE),select Run test.

Also make sure the air vent is clean.

Post back error/code message if any.

Thank You

December 20th, 2012 05:00

Thank you for your quick response.

It is Inspiron N 5110.  I used the Dell support site and let it analyze and detect necessary updates.  It first updated BIOS to A09 and then to A11.  With no further updates, I then ran the diagnostic test  (F12 at boot) and received the Error 2000-0511, Validation: 14547 message.

Also, examining the event log from the system test indicates the test attempted to drive the fan to over 5200 RPM but the fan never respond higher than approx 4300 RPM with errors indicating such at all logged attempts to drive the fan higher than 4300.

Thanks,

-John

Sorry to barge in on a 4-month old post, but I am experiencing the same issue.

I performed the diagnostics and received the following error with the fan:

Error 2000-0511

Validation: 14547

Please advise.

Thank you,

-John

1.1K Posts

Hi John,

Please share your system model. The error code indicates that the fan is not responding correctly. I will recommend you to update the BIOS:

Note: The ac adapter should be connected and the battery should be at least 10% charged. Please disconnect all the external devices connected to the system before updating the BIOS. Please save all the unsaved data as your system will restart automatically while updating the BIOS.

• Click on the link: http://dell.to/QjjZDA
  • Enter your system's Service Tag and select the operating system.
  • Go to 'BIOS' and select the latest BIOS version available.
  • Click on 'Download Now'.
  • Select "Single-file Download" and click on "Continue".
  • Click on "Run" and follow the on screen instructions.

Run the diagnostics again after the BIOS update and let me know if you get any error code.

Keep me updated. Please reply for any further questions.

1.1K Posts

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your efforts. Your system needs a fan replacement.

I have added you as a friend. In case the issue still persists, please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and other details on a private message so I may access your system records and check and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply for any further questions.

December 21st, 2012 00:00

Hello,

I have Accepted you as Friend and started a conversation including the information you requested, but haven't heard if you received it yet.  Please let me know.

Thank you,

John

December 25th, 2012 08:00

Hello people! I have got a dell inspiron N5110 R15 with A11 BIOS, and last week it's processor cooling fan made really strange sounds.But since yesterday, there are no sounds at all, so I ran the BIOS diagnostics. Here are the results:

error code 2000-0511

validation 5744

The [Processor] fan failed to respond correctly.

This was written in the diagnostics:

Fan high RPM: 0 low RPM: 0

many thanks in advance! Have a good day

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 25th, 2012 18:00

You'll need a new fan -- if the system is under warranty, call Dell and they'll replace the fan.  If it's out of warranty, you order a fan from Dell or from another source:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

December 25th, 2012 22:00

Okay thanks... I thought so too.. yes, it's still under warranty, but I don't know if there's a dell shop in Bosnia and Herzegovina

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

December 25th, 2012 23:00

Hi  Mirza Alagic,

For contact information for your regional Dell Authorized Service Provider refer to this link below :

www1.euro.dell.com/.../bosnia_dhs

Thank You

2 Posts

January 29th, 2013 16:00

Hello, thanks a lot for your reply. I´ve been very busy, please accept my apology for late reply. I´ve instaled new BIOS today and error 2000-0142 of Hard Drive appered. My problem with fun nose as I desriped before is still there and actually new sound has appeared. Usually when I´m working with a video and using speakers of my laptop, time to time can here "click" probably from Hard Drive and usually picture get stucked for half a second. When I use external speakers, I can´t here it too often. I think I have some serious problem with my laptop and I´d like to get new one or at least must be repaired. I´ve bought my laptop April 2012. (And sometimes is my laptop too hot, that it isn´t comfortable to keep my hand on laptop, while I´m using keyboard, specially on the left side.)

Thanks a lot,

Jakub

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

January 30th, 2013 00:00

Hi Jakub,

Error code 2000:0142 indicates a HDD failure which needs to be replaced.If the system is still booting to Windows I would suggest you to back up all your important data/files in an external HDD before the system stops booting to Windows.The click sound could be from the HDD and replacing the HDD should fix that issue.

About the system still overheating we may need to get the system fan and heat sink replaced.Please private message me your system Service tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

I will check your system details and get back to you with repair options.

November 22nd, 2013 23:00

dr sir i have a dell inspiron 5110 laptop so i services my laptop 2month ago and im upgrading my hard disk 500gb to 1tb. and now is over heating always runing to a fan is a big noise but after few minites  fan is stop and again start. this is the my proble can u give me a solution this problem??? 

1 Message

March 23rd, 2014 16:00

Hi Sir,

I'm using dell inspiron n5110 from 8th dec 2011. I'm feeling my laptop fan is running very fast. I checked my all system by doing diagonsting and updating bios. I didn't find any error after testing my laptop. I'll be very thankful if you help me in this ASAP.

No Events found!