Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2017 05:00

Fan still works after shutdown

Hi,

Model : Dell Inspiron 14 7447.

This problem has annoyed me for some time. When I shutdown the computer, sometimes the fan keeps running. I have to press the power button for few seconds and forces it to power off the laptop. After shutdown, the fan runs aggressively and will getting hotter and hotter. The next startup will took longer time.

Any helpful ideas?
Thanks!

532 Posts

June 15th, 2017 05:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

You’ve reached the right department and we are here to assist you. In order for us to isolate issues between software and hardware, we request you to run through the hardware diagnostics. You can refer to this link which has a video with the steps to complete the same.

Share the following information via private message, so that we can check for more details and assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

1. Service tag/ express service code
2. Email address
3. Registered owner’s name of the system

The Service Tag is a 7-character code, and the Express Service Tag is a 10-digit code that is a numeric version of the Service Tag. Both codes are on the bottom of your laptop. You can also refer to this link which is a video that shows steps to find the service tag.

No Events found!