Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 26th, 2016 19:00

File Transfer

I'm using Windows 10 on my Dell 5755, which says it is a quad-core, and an HTC One android phone. I'm transferring files, ( Photos / videos ) from the phone to the PC. Photos are moving satisfactorily, but the videos are taking forrr-ever. Does anyone know a faster method to perform these tasks, or perhaps how to get more transferring speed with the same hardware as I am using above? 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 28th, 2016 06:00

Hi Erik,

Thank you for the reply.

There is PC suite that comes with the phone which you can install on the system which will give you access to the phone via the system.

Kindly remove the service tag and private message the details required .

Thanks

Robin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 27th, 2016 03:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would like to know how you are transferring files .

Via Bluebooth or Wifi or plugging in the phone using a cable or pc suite.

kindly provide us with the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin 

June 27th, 2016 10:00

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply. I was ( yesterday ) transferring files via Bluetooth from my phone TO the PC. But, here is an added mystery. Several days ago, I decided to try the same transfer of those files with a cable plugged into my phone, to the USB on the PC. I saw several hundred ?files? being moved, but it happened so fast, I don't know where or which direction they went...from phone OR TO it. Either way, I haven't been able to find those in the PC OR phone. I am a "years long" computer novice, and just don't know where to begin to look for them in either device.

My service tag is: xxxxxxx. Not sure about the safety of typing in my email address, but I will send it privately. I think I recall that option available from Dell. 

18 Posts

June 27th, 2016 11:00

Erik,

Bluetooth is notoriously slow with file transfer...slower than USB direct connection. Unfortunately, you could have all the processing power in the world and its the transfer connection that still matters. In order to make your life easier, I would connect the phone again and drag-and-drop the files you want onto your desktop. Then, move them to wherever you want from there. This way you know exactly where they are.

AJ 

No Events found!