Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2014 09:00

Finding it impossible to download drivers from Dell Support

Hi,

The system fails. I enter in my Service Tag Number and it identifies my Dell Laptop correctly as Latitude E6410 and tells me I have a dozen Urgent or recommended updates to download and install.

However this is as far as I ever get  as it wants to run the downloaded DELL SYSTEMS DETECT just to download these files it already knows i need. This software fails every time, no matter if I try to run it in the browser while logged on as administrater or downlod the file and install and tey to let it run.

Ive tried plenty of times and even downloaded two other of the most popular browsers to see if that made any difference. It dosent. I need these files as im going to format and install win7.

I bought the Dell lappy from Ebay so I dont have an invoice or anything which made it impossible to use the chat or email support on the dell site.

Is there another way to get these drivers so i can burn them to a disk ?

I tried downloading them from my AMD 6 core Desktop but that was worse. It always wanted to scan my system or some other problems that made it impossible.

Need your help .....

Mike.

No Responses!
No Events found!