Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2016 03:00

Fingerprint issue

Hi All,

firstly, thank you for your time and effort

I have Latitude E5550 which come with Ubuntu system.

I changed my OS to Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1 - 64Bit. Manually and without a drivers CD, I downloaded all my drivers from Dell Support using my service tag

I used to have the finger print work normally, but recently I formatted my laptop and now I can't use the fingerprint anymore.

when the problem first appeared, I could see fingerprint under Biometric device but it was unavailable. at that time, I installed DDP (Dell Data Protection) and when I "enroll" fingerprint, it shows the device is there but it couldn't detect my finger. Also, when I tried to update the firmware, It said that I need to install Dell ControlPoint Security but I couldn't find it in Dell Support. After that, I uninstalled DDP and firmware and reinstalled them again from Dell website but the problem was that when I tried to run the installation wizard of firmware, it couldn't be completed (rolls back).

Today, I installed the firmware again from Dell website and it's installed but the finger print is not found by Biometric device or DDP console. when I run Control Vault, I receive error message that firmware needs to be updated and when I try to update it, another error message appears (anti hammering is enabled and maybe preventing firmware from updating).

current situation:

1- fingerprint not detected

2- when I install Control Vault drive, I cant use DDP

3- after reinstalling Control Vault, I can use DDP for passwords but not the fingerprint since device is not detected.

your help is highly appreciated since I did everything in my power to try solving my issue

thank you,

August 29th, 2016 23:00

Still waiting for your support ......

No Events found!