Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

May 23rd, 2006 22:00

Formal complaints procedure

How do I get a response from Dell Customer Service/Technical support?

I have a simple problem that two small plastic grommets covering the fixing screws on my Inspiron 6000's screen have fallen off. Customer services referred me to Tech Support who referred me back to Customer Services. I have asked for the problem to be passed on to the appropriate department but it has fallen into a black hole.

HOW DOES ONE PERSUADE DELL TO RESPOND TO COMPLAINTS?

Our church is about to buy a whole raft of new machines for the office (I am IT manager!) I cannot see them being from Dell !

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 05:00

There is a facebook group I just found called Dell Customer Service Sucks

I think we should get as many people as possible to join / encourage anyone who has suffered like we have! -

Give the power  to the people

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 05:00

Hey guys

I have been continuously emailing the CEO and the Board of Directors without success.

My laptop is within its 1 year warranty and it is still not working!!

They have replaced the motherboard, palmrest, hard drive and screen and refuse to acknowledge that I was sold a faulty/damaged laptop. They will not give me a refund and the person who calls me says he is the head of escalation and I cannot speak to anyone else.

They have sent round 2 engineers and previously cancelled 3 engineer / courier visits only telling me on the day (and sometimes not telling me at all). So I have had to take 6 business days off (one courier did show up!).

I have constantly asked for the formal complaints procedure or the email address of the complaints department. They will not provide it. Often they tell me that I have to email the person I am speaking to and they will "escalate" it. But isn't that just a conflict of interest? i.e. How can you email the person you are complaining about??

I am in the UK. Does anyone know what action we can take? i.e Is it the Office of Fair Trading? There has to be some form of recourse for having been sold "lemons", right?

Are there any lawyers out there? Does the Board of Directors not have a fiduciary duty to investigate our complaints?

HELP PLEASE!!!

468 Posts

February 28th, 2010 11:00

The only way your going to get any satisfaction is to not buy dell .. emailing the board of directors or the CEO only gets you nowhere as those email addresses are screened .... and calling HQ just directs you to their 1800 number (in the US) where you get the same poor service and support.  Dell needs to wake up or die quickly as 2 online mags have rated dell an F so far..

3 Posts

February 28th, 2010 11:00

I ordered a computer system last week on a discount coupon and upgraded the keyboard(not on discount)  Dell cancelled the discount system without telling me but charged and shipped me the keyboard.  Keyboards without the computer are not much use.  I have been unable to get any replies to my complaints. ANY ideas where to start?

12 Posts

February 28th, 2010 16:00

Ya dont waist your time with emailing them -- it feels good to get a call back because most the time you dont even get that.  They just stand on policy -- I had posted the conversations and the outcomes but I guess since I told the truth and facts that Dell wont help anyone they deleted the post..   For anyone that watched the news and caught it -- I guess that's why Dell is now number 9 in customer satisfaction.  So we are not alone -- funny thing I still dont understand why anyone would buy from them.

3 Posts

February 28th, 2010 16:00

I'm afraid you seem to be right and that dell is just going to have to go out of business.   I had used them for probably over 10 years and am sad it  has come to this.  They did use to have pride in their products.  I guess this will be my last purchase from them.

12 Posts

February 28th, 2010 19:00

The only responses they are interested in are to charge you super high rates to talk to tech on the phone -- or to make money for out of warranty services things -- or but mostly they are all about the sale. --

3 Posts

February 28th, 2010 19:00

I bought from them NOW PAST TENSE because you could customize things and they actually delivered.  Now after my recent experience all I read is how bad other peoples experience with their customer service is.  I'm sad as Dell actually pioneered the online purchasing for alot of people.  All things come to an end.  I actually am still in shock that Dell will not bother to reply at all to requests.  I seems like such a basic customer support.  I guess if you never run into any problems it seems OK on the surface with their statements of responding within 24 hours is a good thing until you find out they do not respond at all.

1 Message

March 26th, 2010 12:00

I do not think Dell will ever be responsive to your needs.

Recently I received a letter of ADVERSE ACTION reducing my credit limit, based on the following “FAILURE to significantly reduce my preferred Dell account balance”.

I use this account to purchase Dell products for work and home. 

My take away from this is that Dell no longer wants my business.  I opened this account to purchase Dell products only and only Dell products.

If Dell has a problem with me giving them income, then I will gladly help them in this matter.

As I tried to tell their associate on the phone, I will reduce my balance down to zero and close the account and purchase all products from HP in the future.

It is obvious that Dell does not think they need my business.

I will share my experiences with HP as well as everyone I know both in my personal life and in my business life.  

I will also do everything in my power to influence the decision makers in my corporation and others to move away from Dell and move to a company more in line with customer satisfaction.

I advise you to go to HP for all future business.

60 Posts

March 27th, 2010 03:00

I read complaints about Dell service. I have two Dell laptops in my household, and been buying Dell since many years. For me service is my primary concern. I travel for extended periods of time and need support in at least three countries around the world. So far service I got from Dell was, say, acceptable. In all three countries. I had my share of problems and they have been fixed, with some 90% success.

It looks like there are now a lot of complaints that the level of service has deteriorated to unacceptable level.

Unfortunately, no one seams to provide answers: if not Dell, than who? I have friends with Toshibas. One of them just bought new laptop, which failed after short time (around month), and had to be send for repairs (to India?). Promised back in 3 weeks time. I did read bad opinions about HP.

So, now we need two basic answers:

1. Formal complaints procedure:

- within Dell organisation

- with independent outside bodies, in various countries

2. Recommendations on suppliers with good service track record

Can some people from this forum provide answers to above questions?

14 Posts

August 12th, 2010 13:00

I too have been having similiar problems to yourself and must have spoken to same person as they would not accept that the product was faulty but continued to make out as though it was a software problem. 

Since I have had the machine March 23, 2010 I have consistently had a blue screen.  Then the actually screen stopped working, then it would not connect to my WiFi printer although all other products were printing to it, I was advised by Dell that it was not Dell's problem but a problem with the printer.  They done a Dell Factory restore which then brought back the original blue screen problem but this time it has corrupted the hard drive which now needs to be replaced.  However, the biggest joke is that Dell says the product is fine and it is a software problem which is not Dell's responsibility.  Does that mean I should be writing to Intel with these issues.  If I knew Dell was this bad I would never have bought a Dell and I will definitely not recommend a Dell product to anyone. 

Now I am trying to locate a correspondence address or a contact person in which I can submit a complaint, but find there is no such place.  Dell is either not interested in customer complaints and therefore could not think very highly of their customers opinion unless it puts them in a good light.

I bought Dell as I was expecting exceptional quality.  However, I have found very low quality product, robotic customer services advisors who are not versed in local country laws, such as the UK Statutory rights, etc.

If anyone has found a correspondence address that I can write to I would appreciate it.

Stay clear of Dell product for your own peace of mind.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 12th, 2010 16:00

For everyone who's following your advice, there's someone who's had an HP and looking for relief from them - and will buy Dell.  There'll always be some disgruntled customers with any large company.  HP is sufficiently worse than Dell that it will eventually fall from #1.  What used to be the gold standard in printers now produces abject junk with no support - and their desktops and notebooks are no better.

1 Message

12 Posts

Well somewhere there was a post with an email address -- I dont have it but if you hunt one girl states she contacted the head people and got no where -- I tried also, and got the same response -- out of warranty, even though problem was reported prior, and all they would offer was NOTHING.

So I feel I am getting just revenge -- thus far a friend of mine Kevin from Brampton Ontario canceled his order for a new Dell laptop, and another friend was needing to replace his old Dell and was planning to get another -- until of course I told him my issues and how to log into this forum now no longer a Dell buyer -- on top of that I do the purchasing for a large corporation that no longer purchases Dell also.

So by how can I put this so the Dell police dont delete my post -- by ignoring their problems and customer issues and sending us all to India call centers -- they have lost a lot more than just one little customer -- which seemingly is their attitude -- --- I get the feeling its a business plan of "Oh well its just one guy"  -- Wrong!!!!!!! I will continue to voice myself to all my friends -- all my co-workers -- and who ever I can to get them from buying Dell

14 Posts

August 13th, 2010 04:00

You are correct in saying 'There'll always be some disgruntled customers with any large company.'  However, I came to Dell after only buying HP equipment and the reason was that Dell was offering a custom made product.  My daughter how first purchased a Dell Inspiron 10 mini advise me against that as she said the customer support she received was extremely poor. I thought this was only her experience and went with them anyway.  Now she laughs at me as I have had nothing but trouble and high phone costs to a Dell who really couldn't care less.

All my HP equipment is still working fine, my old (ancient) HP laptop is still working very slowly due to the age but working.  My printer worked right up till I upgraded to an All-in-one printer which is still working fine and I have never had a problem with either of them.  My 17" screen is working fine no problems in fact I would go so far to say that I don't even know HP customer service number.

I thought that if I bought the correct specification from Dell and did not scrimp on the cost I would get a reliable machine.  In fact that is what I said to the sales advisor, I told her what I wanted the machine to do and she advised what internal workings I needed to have in order for the machine to work consistently with no impact on speed.  It a shame you cannot purchase good workmanship.

So in short HP is still #1 for me and I will recommend everyone and anyone to spend that extra bit because reliability is paramount for any computer as they now play an integral part of our lives and when they are not working I for one need to change my lifestyle.  Where I used to do things like this on my notebook/laptop I am now confined to my desktop.

Thanks for your response and opinion it was nice to hear and more than I have ever got from Dell.

No Events found!