Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2016 20:00

Getting VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR -BUT- ONLY at specific times

I've been getting this VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR on my Dell Inspiron 15-5558 Intel Core i7-5500U but it only occurs when I use programs which require a lot of RAM Memory and use the video card (nVIDIA Ge Force 920M). The programs I frequently use are design oriented such like AutoCAD, REVIT, 3DSMax and Civil 3D.

Sometimes I only get a message saying 'El controlador de pantalla dejó de funcionar' which translates to 'The screen controller stopped working', and my laptop just freezes and I have to wait some time till it recovers. BUT, I have had issues when my screen goes pixelated and then my laptop reboots showing the blue screen with the sad face and the video error.

What should I do? Since I bought this computer precisely because of its processor and its video card and I have these type of error messages showing from time to time when I work on either of the software mentioned above. All I know is that it's a Video Card problem

Do the video card and processor have enough capacity to run those programs? Why am I facing these issues? :'( I need my laptop for university 

No Responses!
No Events found!