Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2016 05:00

Getting problem while charging

Hi, 

I have a dell inspiron n4050 laptop. From few days ago its not working like nightmare.

While charging my touch pad not work correctly and after that day, touch pad working fine without any error.

But from today, if i insert charger pin to my laptop, screen blinks and goes black for little while then it works normally, if i remove the cable from laptop it blinks and goes black again.
Please someone help me out.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 20th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would suggest you to update the BIOS to the latest version.

Also private message the service tag to the system.

Thanks

Robin

5 Posts

April 20th, 2016 19:00

Thank you robin for fast reply.

Would you like to tell me what is service tag ?
I have tested my laptop by power on and clicking F12 and laptop passed everything, i didn't tested memory because it want 30 minutes.

5 Posts

April 21st, 2016 02:00

Hi,

I have found the service tag under my laptop body.
I have used that tag to find BIOS but saw there is no BIOS for windows 10.
So which BIOS should i download and is this problem occurring for windows 10 ?? Do i need to downgrade windows to 8.1 or 7 ??
Please assist me with this issue.

Best regards.

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and touchpad drivers on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ then download the BIOS from BIOS section and touchpad driver from ‘Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices’ section onto the system and install it.

1. Click Start.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
4. Click Mouse.
5. Click the Dell Touchpad or Device Settings tab.
o When the Dell Touchpad tab option shows.
I. Click on the picture of the touchpad.
II. Click Gestures Settings (depending on your computer there may not be a gestures option).
III. After changing the options click OK.
o When the Device Settings tab option shows.
I. Click the + next to open the options you want to change.
II. After changing the options click OK.

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and touchpad drivers on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ then download the BIOS from BIOS section and touchpad driver from ‘Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices’ section onto the system and install it.

1. Click Start.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
4. Click Mouse.
5. Click the Dell Touchpad or Device Settings tab.
o When the Dell Touchpad tab option shows.
I. Click on the picture of the touchpad.
II. Click Gestures Settings (depending on your computer there may not be a gestures option).
III. After changing the options click OK.
o When the Device Settings tab option shows.
I. Click the + next to open the options you want to change.
II. After changing the options click OK.

5 Posts

April 21st, 2016 08:00

Thank you for the reply, however problem still exist.
After upgrading to BIOS A07 to A08 nothing changed yet.
While charger in, screen goes black again.

Touchpad working fine without any error, so i didn't updated it.

I'm using windows 10, Is the problem happening for windows version or charger damaged ??

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

April 21st, 2016 09:00

The screen problem when installing or removing the DC power cable points to a problem with the DC socket on the laptop. It's possible that a solder connection is broken and that the connection is broken temporarily when plugging in or out. What happens if you wiggle (gently) the power plug after it's plugged in? These mechanical problems can be difficult to diagnose without opening up the case. Are you still under warranty?

5 Posts

April 21st, 2016 09:00

No, Its too old to avail  warranty.

if electricity gone laptop screen goes black, if electricity comeback, same problem happening. So this is maybe not related with charger pin.

Thank you for the reply. :)

No Events found!