Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 8th, 2013 07:00

Glitching Touch Screen Inspiron

Hello.  I have purchased the Dell Inspiron Laptop with at touch screen.  Recently I realized that if my touch screen is at a certain angle it starts tapping my screen without me touching the actual screen.  I take very good care of my computers and this is really bothering me.  Especially while I'm typing this because it is cutting my sentences in one another without me touching it.  Is there ANY way at all to disable the touch screen?  I hardly ever use it anyways I just want this problem to stop.  It is so irritating.  Again.  This is the touch SCREEN.  I don't need any advice about the attached touch pad.  The touch PAD is fine.  The SCREEN is having the problem.

1 Message

November 30th, 2014 22:00

when i touch mine it goes banana's, it is doing 2 or 3 things when i just touch it

1 Message

January 7th, 2015 13:00

I have the same issue. Certain angles create the phantom inputs, they are always in a vertical line, about 2-3cms from the right hand edge of the screen. It is especially annoying as it can minimise open windows and open the time and date settings on its own. Usually adjusting the screen fixes it, but sometimes i need to fully close the lid, or rotate it all the way to tablet mode. It happens sometimes when I'm using it as a tablet as well.

I am going to contact customer support to find out a solution, likely getting the hardware fixed. I will try and post any results.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 (7347), purchased October 2014.

1 Message

February 7th, 2015 04:00

Add me to the list.  I am having the same problem.  This is extremely frustrating.  I can't do anything to stop it except shut down the computer.  Before I can get it shut down, it has transferred files into other folders and sometimes created new folders.  Dell needs to fix this for sure.

May 18th, 2015 18:00

i'm having the same problem. has anyone been given a solution?

2 Posts

January 6th, 2016 08:00

I had the exact same thing happen with my new 2016 XPS 13 within a few days of recieving it. There would be a vertical line of 6 phantom touches to the screen 3-4 cm in from the right hand side of the screen. also, before this happened, if you touched on this imaginary line, unrelated dialogue boxes would open up elsewhere.

The solution? A replacement laptop.

2 Posts

January 21st, 2016 22:00

Follow these steps to disable your touchscreen (I had to do the same thing to mine).

1. Search for "Device Manager" in your windows search bar

2. Open "Device Manager"

3. Find and expand the "Human Interface Devices" drop down menu

4. Right click on "HID-compliant touch screen" and select disable

The touch screen will now be turned off.  Word of caution, make sure you select "touch screen" and not "touch pad".

On a side note, can anyone from DELL please tell us if there is any plan for fixing this issue?

1 Message

April 17th, 2016 04:00

I am having the same problem on my inspiron 13 7000 series.

This is very bad because one of the features I bought it for was the touch screen.

Has anyone received any feedback from Dell.

1 Message

September 30th, 2016 07:00

My touch screen is going everywhere, as soon as my laptop is switched on, there is circles everywhere! touching everything. unable to use the laptop. and its brand span-ken new. This is just crazy. So unhappy! Did anyone find a solution?

1 Rookie

• 

24 Posts

September 30th, 2016 08:00

Add me to the list on my inspiron 15-5548 ..

I started another thread on this because I missed seeing this thread:

en.community.dell.com/.../19993404

As mentioned its like a load of phantom finger presses, especially pre win10 password screen. But sometimes it interferes with the input of the password, stopping my typing by leaving the password box before I have a chance to complete the password.

Cheers Aidan

2 Posts

September 30th, 2016 11:00

If you see my previous comment, the only solution I was able to come up with is disabling my touch screen.  That way I can at least use my laptop without having to worry about the ghost clicks deleting work or doing something I don't want it to do.  Hope this helps.

No Events found!