Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

January 26th, 2016 03:00

Going into sleep mode when power connected.

On occasions, when I connect the power cable, or sometimes disconnect, my laptop powers down to a sleep condition.  Contacted Dell about a month ago, and have given them the results of hardware tests and other required info, tests do not indicate any problems, but have heard nothing back yet.
I have contacted them again today, but no response as yet. In the meantime, has anyone any suggestions on what the problem might be, and should I request Dell to repair under warranty?
Thank You.

11 Posts

January 26th, 2016 03:00

Inspiron17 5758.

11 Posts

February 13th, 2017 00:00

To update, because Dell totally failed to respond to my complaint I had to continue using my laptop despite the ongoing problem, but instead of going into sleep mode it shut down completely, I informed Dell of this but still no help from them.

However, a couple of days ago my laptop powered up but emitted 5 very loud beeps, and continued to do so after Windows had loaded but much quieter and but when I inserted the power jack  my laptop switched itself off, which it has done many times, but this time it will not power up at all. Any help would be apppreciated, especially the most appropriate tech phone number to call.

Thank you.

11 Posts

February 19th, 2017 02:00

Dell have agreed to repair free of charge.

No Events found!