Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2015 09:00

Got error 0x4001100200001005 during recovery process dell inspiron 3521

Hello Dear support,

I bought my Dell inspiron 3521 with Windows 8 Home Edition OS on board,

then I wanted to install Ubuntu also since my work requires it from time to time. I had created Recovery Discs with Dell Backup Media. However, due to certain errors, my disk was wiped clean.

When I tried to perform a factory recovery,

The system went ahead to complete the restore of the operating system but failed at 99%. I tried it again and this time it failed at 26% with following error:

error 0x4001100200001005 

please contact Dell.

So I tried to boot my OS but couldn't cause it didn't detect as far I understood OS or OS' needed files.

So now I can't even boot my OS.

I read many posts but didn't find any solution that could help me. As most posts mention this as an issue, please note that I have not replaced my hard drive. The laptop has never needed servicing (thanks a mill to Dell for such a great unit by the way) and has never been opened.

Could you please take a look at that and advice what have I do to resolve my issue ?

780 Posts

June 9th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

Appreciate your efforts in trying different steps to resolve the issue.

It seems like the problem could be with the image we created, Either its corrupt or some files are missing.

Not to worry, We can ship you a factory image USB key or a Windows DVD if you could send us the service tag of the laptop via private message.

Before you send us the tag, We suggest you to run a hardware diagnostics to confirm there are no hardware failures.

To run the diagnostics, Tap F12 on the startup Dell logo, Select "Diagnostics" from the list.

Run through the tests thoroughly and let us know if it all passes.

To send a private message, Please click on my name and "Send message"

Thank you

1 Message

October 9th, 2015 14:00

Hello, I'm having the same error with my Dell XPS 8700.  I've only had it 2 years and have had to completely reinstall the OS twice before.  This time I was stuck in the Automatic Repair Loop and had to clean the drive.  Now my restore process gives me this error on Disk 3 (70%) every time I try.  Please Help!

No Events found!