Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2013 14:00

Got my Laptop sorted, I hope

I posted last night but as it hasn't appeared for some reason here I am again.

Update on my rogress to date;

• 11th February Laptop started beeping and I found this forum and read advice.
  • 13th February I emailed Tesco and they put me through to Dell.  Dell man thought I'd dropped the computer and asked me did I want extra warranty so they could sort the problem.  I tell him computer was owned by one careful 12 year old and was in excellent condition.  The laptop was a year and a half old, out of warranty but not fit for purpose.  I wasn't too happy and told hime I would have to take further advice.  Within seconds of ending the call he phoned me back.  His manager had agreed to have the laptop picked up the following week?  They would look at it but might charge me for a battery if it was dead.
  • Wednesday 20th February - computer picked up from home.
  • Wednesday 27th February - computer returned with a new MOTHER BOARD          HOLY SMOKE THAT WAS QUICK

Laptop still working and I hope thats the end of my worries.  I cannot fault the service from Dell to date but understand your frustration.  

Thank you Dell for sorting me out but what about my friends here who need  the same service.  Please, please, please sort out these people.

No Responses!
No Events found!