Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 21st, 2016 02:00

Graphical bugs on Inspiron 5548

Hi,

I am having a few graphical bugs on the Intergrated graphics on the 5548 on windows 10. there are also occasional driver crashes. I was wondering if anyone had any ways to fix this?

June 22nd, 2016 20:00

Hi Theblackdove

Thanks for writing to us. 

Have you updated the BIOS and video drivers? 

Did the issue start post upgrading to windows 10 or was it shipped with windows 10?

When did the symptoms start? Was there any hardware or software changes done recently?

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message.

If the issue start post updating to windows 10, rollback to previous version and observe for the same. 

Regards

1 Message

June 22nd, 2016 22:00

I have the same problem with my laptop. Coul you help us?

Thank you

June 23rd, 2016 18:00

Hi we are awaiting your response. 

June 23rd, 2016 23:00

Hi,

I do remember this bieng an ussue in windows 8, and the issue stopped when i upgraded to windows 10, but now has returned after i reinstalled the OS, because i was experiencing slow boot times. I will send you the System tag when get a chance, as i am not by the laptop right now.

1 Message

June 23rd, 2016 23:00

Hi ..... I am experiencing issues with my graphics card.  I often get a pop up that tell me the graphics card stopped working but has now recovered.  My computer is maybe 6 weeks old and came with Windows 10.

I have run diagnostics and tests and it tells me everything functions properly.  However, for a new computer with 12 gigs of RAM and an intel I7 processor, I am a bit surprised that I am getting pop ups about my graphics card.  I do no gaming.  I do occasionally have as many as 10 windows open at once, which is why I specifically bought this computer as thinking it should be powerful enough to handle this.  I have seen this with multiple windows open and when I am watching youtube.  At one point, it gave me this pop up alert approximately 6 times in about 1 minute. 

Is there something I need to do to correct this situation? 

June 24th, 2016 19:00

Hello Nice to hear from you. As you mentioned that you have reinstalled OS, so is the machine on windows 8 OR 10? If the system has Nvidia GPU, disable the card in device manager and run the machine only on generic driver and observe for any changes. Will wait for the tag#. 

June 25th, 2016 20:00

Hi, awaiting your response. 

June 27th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

I reinstalled windows 10, not windows 8, and this is the first time i have had the problem on windows 10. i sent you the service tag.

No Events found!