Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2012 10:00

HDD Issue 2000-0146 help

Hello everyone!

So this morning I noticed my mouse was hacking forward when I moved it, was like it froze up every second when i moved it and that made me raise an eyebrow so I started to investigate.

Few hours later I tried to play some music but ended up hearing the song with like glitching pauses every second just as the mouse.

I started to search on the reason with these symptoms and soon found out it might be a virus or memory fault.

So I first thought maybe its something I did the other day so I did a reset back til the 18th its the 20th today.

Reset done smoothly and no change stil glitching all time.

So then I sat my virus program to do a deep scan, and started to try clean up my pc see if I could find anything causeing the issues. Having desktop manager up all the time watching the cpu and such.

There were no strange programs running and no issues in registry. And after 8 hours scan no viruses either.

My father told me to run a diagnostics on my pc so I did that and beep beep my pc begun to sing with error code 2000-0146 flashing on the HDD.

I looked it up in the PSA-diagnostics list and it told to remove the harddrive and then insert it again.

So I did and booted up again, went into diagnostics and beep beep same error message again.

I went back to Dells website where it says "Contact us" if the problem remains.

Now I clicked on the contact Dell but as my pc is 4 years old I have no online help anymore and the phone office aint opening til monday.

So now Im writing here to ask for help on what I could do?

Is my HDD broken?

Suggestions how to solve this?

Thank you for your time!

Filip

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 20th, 2012 10:00

Filip,

Your hard drive is failing. Make copies of files and folders that you cannot afford to lose. Then replace the hard drive.

Rick

No Events found!