Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2013 16:00

HDMI not working on Latitude

I have a Latitude E5420 with Windows 7 Professional operating system and a Intel HD Graphics 3000 video card.

My HDTV's do not recognize the laptop when I connect both devices via the HDMI port.  Cable is good as it works on several other devices including an other laptop.

I have updated my video driver with the latest available on the Dell website version 9.17.10.3040

I see no settings in my graphics display control panel that allow me to make changes. 

Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 16th, 2013 15:00

Hi bruinshb,

Please install the Chipset drivers and check the functionality of the HDMI port. To update the Chipset drivers, please follow the below mentioned steps:

Click this link: http://dell.to/169ziEK

Select Download file and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation. Restart the computer and connect the HDMI cable to the laptop and HDMI port on the TV.

Please post the results.

2 Posts

September 16th, 2013 20:00

Updated the Chipset  drivers but the results were the same.  Followed suggested instruction to go the "adjust screen resolutions" and extend view.  HDMI port still seems to be dead

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 17th, 2013 16:00

Hi bruinshb,

I suggest you to uninstall Intel HD graphics by following the steps and restart the system.

1. Click “Start”.
  2. Click “Control Panel” and select “Device Manager”.
  3. On the “Device Manager” window, expand “Display adapters”.
  4. Right click “Intel HD Graphics” and click “Uninstall”.
  5. Ensure to check the box “Delete driver software for this device”.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the drivers.
  7. Restart the computer.

After the system restarts please run Windows updates. Steps to run “Windows updates”:

1. Push the “Windows” key to open “Start” menu.
  2. Type “Windows Updates” in the search box and select it.
  3. Run the Windows Updates.
  4. Check and install the Intel graphics card drivers displayed by Windows updates and restart the system.

Connect the HDMI cable to the TV and laptop, ensure the TV is switched on. Use the key combination Fn+F8 or F8 key only to switch the display to external monitor.

Check and post the results.

No Events found!