Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

November 23rd, 2014 04:00

HELP!!! Error Code 0xc000021a !!!

I'm currently using my laptop for a year and today when I opened my Dell Vostro  2420   I  get this error message.

• :(
  • Your PC ran into Problem and it needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.
  • error. 0xc000021a

After it automatically restart it says

• RECOVERY
  • Your PC couldn't start properly
  • After multiple tries, the operating system on your pc failed to start, so it needs to be repaired
  • Diagnosing your pc
  • Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc
  • press Advanced Options to try other options to repair your pc or shut down to turn off your pc.
  •  Log file: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt .

Whats should I do , help me please!!!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 23rd, 2014 06:00

Hi ooldog,

It seems like the operating system is corrupted. You can refresh the system to check if the issue resolves. Switch ON the system and switch OFF the system 3 to 4 times when the Dell logo appears. This will make the system to go into **Windows 8 Advanced Startup Options** screen. Please select **Troubleshoot** option and choose the **REFRESH** option so that it refreshes the windows operating system.

Also, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Please let me know the findings.

5 Posts

November 23rd, 2014 22:00

hi Ravi BC,

today after going through 

• Your PC ran into Problem and it needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.
  • error. 0xc000021a

After it automatically restart it says

• RECOVERY
  • Your PC couldn't start properly
  • After multiple tries, the operating system on your pc failed to start, so it needs to be repaired
  • Diagnosing your pc
  • Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc
  • press Advanced Options to try other options to repair your pc or shut down to turn off your pc.
  •  Log file: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt .

i pressed advanced options and selected troubleshoot , on selecting troubleshoot it led me to refresh your pc on selecting it , i was led to choose an account to continue, on selecting it , it shows Dell, on clicking on Dell , it says, Hi Dell, enter the password for this account.

now the thing is i didn't have any password for my system............ so what to do??

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 24th, 2014 05:00

There isn't any fix for ransomeware passworded machine. You have to reinstall using restore media.

error. 0xc000021a

"The drive where Windows is installed is locked.  Unlock the drive and try again.

Reset: "Unable to reset your PC.  A required drive partition is missing."

c:\windows\system32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt is a windows 8 log.

the error was always caused by failed Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe

It can also be caused by trying to install full windows 8 with a windows to GO usb flash drive.

5 Posts

November 26th, 2014 05:00

Hi Ravi,

as you suggested , i successfully ran the diagnostics. i did a quick scan and everything was all right except the note book panel

the error code is 2000-0333 and validation is 81586

i didnt want to perform pc restore as it will lead to complete data loss and i dont want to lose my files.

When I try the shift f8 option it goes to the the diagnostics. so i cant Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 29th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

2000-0333 error indicates that ePSA diagnostics did not record the system user pressing Y or N after the video test. Please ensure that you accurately answer questions that are prompted during the diagnostic test.

Please follow the steps has suggested by the Speedstep in reinstalling the operating system.

5 Posts

December 1st, 2014 05:00

hi ravi, 

i actually pressed y when the color bars showed but still it gave an error 2000-0333.

any idea??

on reinstalling OS i will loose my files, any  idea how i can get it back ?/

thanks for your help

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 3rd, 2014 04:00

Hi ooldog,

You will need to get in touch with a local technician to back up the data from the system and reinstall the operating system.

Please private message me the system service tag if you do not have the operating system disc so that I can check and send you the disc as an exception.

5 Posts

December 4th, 2014 01:00

hi  Ravi,

i have os disc, how do i backup my data from the system??

any help is much appreciated.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 6th, 2014 06:00

Hi ooldog,

To back up the data you will need to connect your hard drive as a secondary hard drive to a different compatible system.

No Events found!