Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2015 21:00

Hard Disk not found

Hi I am having a problem

My computer has worked for ages, but one day it had an error. A system file(can't remember which) was deleted from the system. Auto repair couldn't fixit. I decided to use the back up disks. I had backed up all important info on flash drives. I chose to delete all data on system prior to reboot. The final percent took 3 days to load. When it was done, I restarted the computer. It now says every time :

internal hard disk drive not found

to resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive.

No bootable devises--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 enter setup menu, F5 enter PSA

Whenever I try to reboot, it fails. The hard drive disk thing always fails the diagnostic. It never lets me do a backup anymore. I have reseated the hard drive many times, to no avail. The computer is about 2 1/2 years old and has been dropped much. It has had many similar problems in the past, and the 500GB drive has a strange bump. It is Dell Inspiron 3520, if any more detail is needed tell me. I need to know if the hard drive is shot.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 13th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

Good work on troubleshooting. The hard drive seems to be faulty. The hard drive has to get detected in the BIOS (F2 during startup) and the Dell diagnostics should detect it during the test.

No Events found!