Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2010 16:00

Hard Drive Replaced Once By Dell And Playing Up Again

Hi I was just wanting to write a complaint about your services. I had my Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop for christmas, very excited to have it and in about January time it started to slow down, all the software that was put on there by you wouldn't work apart from DellDataSafe which I thought was very strange. I turned off my Laptop, Pressed F12 and boot screen, windows loaded files, and i attempted a system restore to put it back to Factory Settings using DellDataSafe. Got half way through the Restore and it could not detect my power adapter and it stopped all of a sudden. Turned my laptop back on attempted again and it failed. I took it back to Currys where i purchased it from and said it would not load Windows. So they had a look at it and said 'Well Someones attempted a Factory Restore and only got halfway through it' I said nothing, and then they said 'Ok we will give you a number to dell and ask them to get someone down to look at it'. Phoned, someone said they will be down tomorrow, No one came, again same answer and No one came again. Forced Currys to give Dell a call and the person at Currys said 'Leave it hear, we will send it off tomorrow'. They sent it off and about 2-3 Weeks later I got it back with a new Hard Drive.

It came with a receipt  to take it back and it came with Windows Vista on it. A month later I had a virus on Vista, the virus was WIN32:VITRO that killed Vista. Had a friend to upgrade it for me back to Windows 7, working fine for 2 months, and the hard drive starts creaking, Yesterday I thought that someone in the kitched dropped a plate because it sounded like that as it was so loud. I am very greatfull that i had this as a gift for christmas, but the warrenty is broke because someone upgraded it for me. So it is tough luck for me. I will never buy a Inspiron Laptop from you Ever again and if i had to by a Dell PC, I would go for a Desktop PC instead. (The Dell Inspiron 1545 Over-Heats to much, the fan is to noisy when it over heats and it burns my leg when it over heats).

Yours Sincerely

Liam

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 1st, 2010 16:00

If you're using the system in your lap, it's you who is causing the system to overheat - and overheating is the second easiest way to destroy a hard drive.  Stop abusing the system, and use it properly - and it will serve you properly.

2 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 04:00

How can I not do my 'LAP'TOP on my lap and when i do it on my desk it still over heats, i do the measurements away from thing recomended by dell byt it still over heats and i mainly do it on my desk.

No Events found!