Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 20th, 2013 11:00

Hard drive Problem Inspiron 15R N5110

Hi, i allow to contact us because i have a problem with my Dell Inspiron 15R N5110. I bought in August 2011.

To understand my problem i upgrade to W8 in February. It's my unical software.

Since few moments, my computer was too slow. I chose firstly to "optimize" thanks W8. But, after it was again slow. So, i chose to "restaure" thanks W8 with cleaning of reader. But with this option there is a problem...I began again without, the computer swith on.

Widows8 said me there is a problem with my hard drive. I did the Dell Test, It is exact. But, with my identifiants, it said me, my computer is not Under warranty and i must to change it. In France, it is 2years.

I can't contact the support, it is closed and i work during, the hours open...

Thanks and sorry for my English.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 20th, 2013 11:00

Presumably you received an error such as 2000-0142 or -0146, which means your hard drive has indeed failed.

The good:  the drive will not be expensive to replace ($100US or less, or the equivalent).  Any standard 2.5" 9.5 mm or slimmer SATA notebook drive will work.

The bad:   it's not easy to change the drive on this model.  To see what's involved,

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 20th, 2013 23:00

Hello Max-bf,

In addition to what Ejn63 has said, you may also run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. This test would check the functionality of the hard ware components in your computer. 
Run the test and check if it gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. 

Awaiting your response!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 08:00

Hello Max_bf,

Error Code 2000-0151 indicates “SMART Predictive Failure” indicates the hard drive has failed SMART and maybe nearing the end of its life. Other types of errors in this category may indicate an intermittent or firmware problem so the test should be run again.

I would request you to re-seat the hard drive and re-run the test once again. Before performing the steps, read and follow the safety instructions in Dell Knowledge Base Article: "Precautionary Measures for Personal Safety". Remove all power sources including AC Adapter and Battery before you remove or re-install an item in your computer. Please see the Service Manual for instructions on how to remove and replace the hard drive: http://bit.ly/T2rhPa
Please write back with results, would be glad to assist further.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 21st, 2013 06:00

Hi, i did the diagnostic.

Error code 2000-0151

"incorrect statuts =3E"

Just an other question, what can provocate this problem? Can i hope to use the warranty until  the16th of August 2013

Thanks

Max_bf

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 12:00

Hello Allan, more easy, i called Dell today.

Result: a Dell's technician will come to my home and replace the hard drive. It's not taken in warranty, but the price is very correctly, 30€ in other words 40Us Dollars.

Thanks for you help, if i was not a noob, i will try to retire and return the hard drive and i put an other HD with best capacities.

Thanks

Max_bf

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 10:00

Hello Max_bf,

Thank you for the update. Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance.

No Events found!