Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2012 23:00

Having Issues with ac adapter/computer

I currently have a Inspiron N7710 , ive been getting errors regarding the AC adapter, Ive tried lots of things. Down on the right hand side where the battery icon is, It says "Plugged in, Not charging." Ive taken the battery out and restarted, I cant update my bios because im litterly at 0 percent battery life and you need 10 percent to update. Ive had this computer for a year, took care of it and i dont know whats going on. Ive called Dell, and they want 250$ just to renew my warrenty which went out 2 days prior to this happenening. Can anyone help me out? Anything i can do?

3.8K Posts

July 1st, 2012 23:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Press the F2 key to enter the Bios, and check what is the AC adapter Type, if it says 130 W means the AC adapter is working fine, if it says unknown, try another AC adapter. You can also check Dell Quickset if the battery is performing normally or needs a replacment. Click on start, all programs Dell Quickset. If you do not have Dell Quickset use the below link to install it.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Thank you

July 2nd, 2012 00:00

yeah i checked hitting f2 and it does indeed say under Ac adapter type , its unknown, So maybe i will try another adapter.

Could it be something with the mother board?

ive heard of people having to sending the laptop back to dell because of it being a motherboard issue. Could this be true?

3.8K Posts

Hi,

The cheaper option is to check with another AC adapter, if it still says unknown in the Bios, then its a motherboard issue, and needs to be replaced.

Thank you

ok thank you.

No Events found!