Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 27th, 2013 06:00

Head Phones Not Working

The head phones are not working in windows 7 on my Inspiron 14z. The laptop speakers are working fine and also the ports are working well as the headphones are working in Linux OS.  I have a dual boot OS.

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling Sound Drivers. But it didn't worked.

Here are some screen shots of the sound Manager configuration

[When Head Phones Not Connected]

[When Head Phones Connected]

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 27th, 2013 19:00

Hello. I would try disabling "Communication Headphones", because when headphones are set to be a communication device you will not hear normal audio through them such as music. You will only hear "communications", such as when you are using Skype for example.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 27th, 2013 07:00

Hi TusharKhatiwada,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to set the Internal speaker as the default device:

1. Open Control Panel and select Sound.
  2. When the Sound dialog appears click the Playback tab.
  3. Verify if the Headphone is listed and the right sound card listed under playback devices.
  4. If so, right click the Headphone device and click on default playback device.
  5. If they are not listed, Right click on the blank space and click on show disabled device.
  6. If the Headphone gets listed,
  7. Right click the “Headphone” select “Enable”. Right click the “Headphone” again and select “Set as default device” from the same list.
  8. Click “Ok”. Now remove and reconnect the Headphone and check.

Try the above steps and reply for any further assistance.

May 27th, 2013 21:00

Hello. I would try disabling "Communication Headphones", because when headphones are set to be a communication device you will not hear normal audio through them such as music. You will only hear "communications", such as when you are using Skype for example.

Thank you jimco

This solved the problem.

This thread is locked, due to age.

If you need assistance, please create a new thread in the proper Dell Support Forum

Thank you

May 27th, 2013 21:00

Thank you jimco

This Solved the problem.

No Events found!