Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2017 05:00

Headset microphone doesn't work Dell Latitude 3340

Recently I bought a headset, so I can chat with friends while I am playing games with them, but it doesn't work as I want it to. It has 2 3.5mm male jacks (one for headphones, one for microphone) while my laptop has only 1 female jack. No problem, I bought a microphone and headphone splitter. But my laptop cant recognize my headset as a headset. It only shows headphones, or microphone. I can't use them combined! So if I try to speak the sound comes from my internal microphone in my laptop but not from my headset, and the sound comes from my headphones. And exactly the other way around: if I can speak through my microphone, the sound doesn't come in my headphones but from the internal speakers in my laptop. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Greetings,

Jelle

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 25th, 2017 18:00

The splitters have a poor track record with Dell laptops. My suggestion is to get a usb audio jack to use with the headset that has 2 plugs. These things are very inexpensive at Amazon and elsewhere.

And exactly the other way around: if I can speak through my microphone, the sound doesn't come in my headphones but from the internal speakers in my laptop.

You might be able to adjust that on the Listen tab of the mic properties. First find the mic on the Recording tab of the Sound properties, then open the mic's properties and select the Listen tab.

No Events found!