Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 18th, 2014 02:00

Help! My new Inspiron 15z 5523 wont turn on!!!

Hello

Today suddunly when I press the power button laptop wont turn on at all

It is also plugged in.

I hear people saying when this happens they say remove the battery and hold the power button for 15 seconds but the battery is built in and not removable

Any way my laptop is just 5 months years old and what might causes this problem now?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 18th, 2014 04:00

Call Dell for a warranty repair of the system.

253 Posts

November 18th, 2014 04:00

I fixed the problem. :)

I searched the internet and came through this thread.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19499962

I removed the RAM cover at the back of the system and used an iron pin and hold that little reset button for a while now I pressed the power button and it turned on just fine.

Now the problem is solved but I want to know why this happened in the first time?

Why did this happen? When you press the power button, nothing happens. And then to fix that you should press the RESET button beside the RAMs.

Is this a flaw?:emotion-6:

I never faced such issue with my previous i3 TOSHIBA laptop. :emotion-12:

253 Posts

November 27th, 2014 18:00

Hello,

Is anybody here who can answer me?

Why did the laptop do this behavior?

Pressing the power button does nothing with the AC plugged in or not until I used a screwdriver to uncover the RAM area and use a pin to press the RESET button then the laptop powered on again successfully.

253 Posts

January 1st, 2015 14:00

Hello,

Please help me.

The problem happened again today!

I took my laptop and played some playstation 1 games using the ePSXe emulator, the laptop ran only for 1 hour and when I returned home to turn my laptop on. It did the same behavior as it did the first time. Now it happened two times...

Please anyone tell me WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN???!!!!

Can Windows 8.1 be part of this problem? Should I re-install Windows or it doesn't have to do with this issue? But Windows is running very fine for 2 months now.

253 Posts

January 4th, 2015 16:00

Hello,

Someone at Windows 8 Forums told me this could be caused by Firmware that needs to be updated. Here is the conversation between me and him.

Now what does he mean by Firmware update?

No Events found!