Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

14 Posts

September 14th, 2004 19:00

Help me!! Blue boxes of death! (Inspiron 5100)

Ok, now that I've gotten all of my upgraded stuff, like my video card (ATI Radeon M9), my new RAM (1024MB), and a pretty good cooling system (My super cool fan :)), I thought that I'd be able to play fine. But now, when I play for about 10 minutes, my screen becomes covered in thousands of tiny blue flashing boxes. And the graphics start warping. For example, when playing Unreal Tournament 2004, I was winning, but then the boxes appear. Furthermore, all of the 3D rendered characters developed large "tumors" of graphics just sticking out. It looks like all of the people are covered in spider webs! Can anyone please help me with this!?!? The only wierd part is that it will only start while playing Unreal Tournament 2004, yet, it stays even after I close the game, untill I shut down. Again, Can anyone please help me with this!?!?

14 Posts

September 14th, 2004 20:00

Oh great, now its just happening when I start Windows.

14 Posts

September 14th, 2004 20:00

Oh HELP ME!! Now its happening everytime I start an application that uses full screen!!

306 Posts

September 15th, 2004 18:00

Its possible the M9 card is defective. Im not an expert on putting the M9 in the 5100 but i have heard of a lot of defective M9 cards. Call dell and see if they will send you a replacement.

14 Posts

September 15th, 2004 20:00

Well, thanx, I'll do that, but I have another problem. The card I bought was 64 MB, and when I put it in, it always used to say 64 MB, but now my computer is telling me that its only 32 MB. Can anyone explain this?

306 Posts

September 15th, 2004 23:00

Yep thats a common sign of a defective card. Its definetly bad, call dell and get a replacement.
No Events found!