Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

BA

August 27th, 2017 19:00

Help with my new Inspiron 7520

I need some basics on items on this new laptop that my old laptop did not have. A manual woulds be useful if available but the only manual online is a 'how to' to remove and install inside items. I have done several searches online and cannot find what I am looking for. The quick guide that came with my laptop doesn't identify several objects or markings on the outer body for example. And no instructions on several things I would know if my last laptop had not lasted 13 years. Thanks1

9.4K Posts

August 28th, 2017 12:00

Hi Blount Ankandson,

Thanks for posting.

You can find your manual here: downloads.dell.com/.../inspiron-15r-se-7520_owner's manual_en-us.pdf

Or if you have a specific question we can answer, please feel free to post it here.

August 28th, 2017 13:00

I downloaded that file several days ago. It is full of detailed directions for changing the items already there: video cards, sound cards, ram, mother and/or daughter boards, etc. I was hoping Dell would have a basic easy-to-understand manual for first-time users who have just taken this out of the box. It doesn't look like Dell is providing this. I am finding - slowly - most of what I need on YouTube.    Thanks for your reply and trying to help me out.

9.4K Posts

August 31st, 2017 05:00

Well the first pages has detailed information about the panels buttons, etc.  If you need more assistance, please feel free to post your specific question or contact Dell Tech Support.  Thanks.

August 31st, 2017 20:00

Ok, the link above on my laptop opens apparently a different file. No pages as you've mentioned are on what I see. For one, the artwork shows a different laptop. Mine does not have the button to open the lid. The round blue button on the keyboard, and the tiny logo on the lower left corner of the keyboard top were new to me. I had to look those up online as nothing was in the enclosed info. But now I've spent several days on the internet and have the new computer pretty well set up. I think if I got a new laptop every few years these buttons, logos, and cable connectors would be already learned. My old Dell lasted 13 so I have lot to learn. These were just a minor frustration. Nothing serious. Thanks for responding.

No Events found!