Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2015 13:00

Helpless in missouri!!

Ok please somebody help! There is waso playing a game on my laptop and I walked away, came back and it had shut off! So I restarted it and it acted like it was going to go to the I'm sorry for the inconvenience page but it never did! There was no options what so ever! So I followed some steps I found on dell.com and did the reset of the bioa, and ran a diagnostic do dad on it, and nothing! I tried getting to the the menu from the f12 and hard drive and nothing there either! If I need to reset my comp that's fine, but how if I don't have access to be able to do anything? I don't have recovery disk. This laptop was just given to me by my mom to keep me entertained wile I'm laid up.. itducky doing nothing but frustrating me at the moment though... the laptop was originally a windows 7 os but the windows 10 os was applied not too long ago.. to be honest I think one of the programs I have bought and paid for to help boost my gaming is what did it! I just want her back on though... anybody please help me!!

September 26th, 2015 19:00

Hello and good evening

I live in Boonville, Missouri.

Now to your issue. I am not a gamer and never have been but the first procedure that may work, I say may, is to restart and keep tapping on the F8 key until a black display appears with several options to choose from.

Arrow down to "Last Known Good" (Advanced) and push enter. This restores your system to a point where everything was working correctly.

Now for "no man's land."

Dell Technical Support advises their end users NOT to use it but this is rubbish if you follow directions.

Click on "run" and when the box appears type: regedit

This is the Registry Editor and you can really screw up your system if you do not use the correct method.

Alright, here we go.

You will note on the upper left corner the 2 that you want to use: H Key Local User and then below H Key Local Machine, or vice versa which does not matter.

Dropdown the H Key local user and you will see software. Drop down software and look for your gaming software which should, and I stress should.

Right click on what you want to delete and there will be a prompt; "are you sure that you want to delete this and all of the subkeys. This is a paraphrase.

Follow the same protocol for the next drop down and click software again and search visually any software that you do not want.

The registry editor is THE ONLY WAY TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE REMOVED A PROGRAM 100%.

Uninstalling a program from "programs" or X86 programs WILL NOT ENTIRELY REMOVE THEM. This is why you want to get comfortable with the Registry Editor.

Besides it is fun to go to "no man's land." Is it not?

Mark

Do not pay ANY attention to any other replies or suggestions unless they have experience with the regedit.

I have been using it for a very long time.

2 Posts

September 26th, 2015 20:00

Unfortunately I can't get to a run menu of any sort. The f8 thing isn't working either.. the only things I seem to have access to are f2 and f12 which neither of these help get the computer going or get me to a system restore of factory restore... I'm at a loss... and I don't have the money to be bringing it in to the shop either... I'm the only one with a job at the moment taking care of my 14 ya old, and my husband whose attending college in texas.. and since I just injured myself and I am requiring surgery, I REALLY won't have the money... so for now it's a lost cause I guess... which *** cause recovery time is going to be BORING!!! Lol but thank you for even responding!

No Events found!