Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 20th, 2012 19:00

Hibernation - Wake Up Problem

It's been a really long time since I've been facing this problem. I really need some help. On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the worst, this is my mood when it comes to this problem: 10 :emotion-12:

If a DELL TECH read this, please HELP!

This is the situation:

If you hibernate the computer or leave it alone and the computer goes to sleep, when you press the power button, the computer will not wake up or turn on.

I've contacted dell about this problem and these are the trouble shoots we went through:

-Updating the BIOS.

-Re-installing the OS.

-Changing the sleep mode.

When did I start facing this situation?

I started facing this situation when a dell tech from last year came to my location to change my mother board. After my mother board got changed, my computer started going through this issue.

I really need some help with this situation.

Suggestions, Comments and Ideas are welcome!

4.4K Posts

February 20th, 2012 19:00

I don't think it's in hibernation. I would try this trick:

Disconnect the power cord and pull out the battery. Then press down the power button for a least 30 seconds. Then reinsert the battery and reconnect the power cord and start the laptop normally. This "hard reset" might fix your problem.

3 Posts

February 21st, 2012 07:00

@Bay Wolf . I am going to try this right now. I'll update you on my status in 10 minutes. Brb.

3 Posts

February 21st, 2012 07:00

@Bay Wolf, I did exactly what you said, and I have the same issue.

I am starting to think that his is a cable problem within the unit itself. Something was probably connected wrong or was not connected at all.

No Events found!