Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2016 18:00

Horrible Customer Service

Bought a new laptop for my child and it is broken in less than 45 days.  The tech determined it is broken and motherboard needs to be replaced.  This laptop is used by child at school on a daily basis and they expect the child to be without a computer until this is fixed.  Apparently it is not their problem and they suggested "Don't you have another Device for child?"  The representative barely spoke English and they really don't care about their customers.  Upon insisting to talk to Supervisor, obviously the supervisor is always busy and cannot attend.  Waited for over 90 minutes to talk to supervisor who pretty much repeated the same thing.  

I understand things break.  How hard is it to provide a replacement?  The replacement supposed only works if it is within 30 days.  They have no intention to help and realistically don't care about customer.

Now I have to buy a new computer for the broken piece of

<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>?  Never buying a DELL AGAIN.  Horrible equipment followed by even worse customer service.  

For the reference, the supervisor's name is "Jericho A"  Not even sure if this is the right name (as this was provided with great reluctance by the agent)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 11th, 2016 04:00

No manufacturer will replace a system unless multiple repair attempts have failed.  And ALL manufacturers use refurbished parts to repair in warranty systems.

If you can't be without the system, call and purchase a warranty upgrade to on-site service.  The system will then be repaired at your home or office, without the 7-10 day wait for the basic return to depot repair warranty service.

No Events found!