Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2012 09:00

How Can I Fix Processes

Hi im looking to resolve and issue with my Dell inspiron which ive had for 1 year - which is as follows.

I currently have too many processes (apparently via my friends). Currently while on the internet my processes are around the 105-110 mark (this is with nothing but the internet running that i know of). This is an issue due to the fact is slows the speed of my laptop, and also significantly uses up and charges my internet bill.

What I would like to do is restore my laptop to factory setttings while also keeping the files I would like to keep such as videos/music/documents etc. The reason I feel this is the best option/I cant fix this problem manually is because I wouldnt wan't to uninstall anything unimportant off my laptop, and currently I have no idea whats important and whats causing high processes/HDD usage/Ram Usage - So I feel restoring to factory settings will get rid of the things i dont need, and reduce my processes dramatically.

I was hoping someone on this forum could give me a better method of fixing this problem before i decide im what im going to do, which at the moment is to put all my important video/audio/document files onto a USB/Disc, then restore my laptop and re install the things i need/install the files from the disc.

Thanks for reading/any help in advance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 15th, 2012 10:00

Zane1992,

Try reading...

Windows startup programs. What are they? Are they required? How can I disable them?

Discbling the programs that you're not using will have the system boot and run faster. In most cases, is you disable them at startup, when you need them to run, then will come on at that time.

Rick

No Events found!