Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2013 11:00

How VLC player is damage my laptop right side speaker?

My Name is Someshwar. I have Dell Laptop Insperon 15 R with Windows 7 Basic Home OS followed by I5 processor. My Service tag of Laptop is Service tag removed per privacy policy>. Could you please tell me that how Video Player of VLC is damaged my Laptop Speaker and Is any S/w or Diagnostics resolution on the same?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 29th, 2013 12:00

Could you please tell me that how Video Player of VLC is damaged my Laptop Speaker

Hello Someshwar. In the VLC Media Player thread that you posted into yesterday, I explain HOW the VLC player can theoretically damage a laptop speaker. My explanation is in the 4th post in that thread.

However, if your speaker is damaged there is no way to know if the damage was caused by VLC player, or if the speaker simply was defective.

Is any S/w or Diagnostics resolution on the same?

That depends on what the problem is. You have not told us yet what the symptoms are. If the speaker is actually damaged, there is no software resolution. Here are the steps you can perform to start diagnosing the problem.

> First, plug headphones into the headphone jack and notice if right side audio is missing or distorted. If it is missing or distorted through the headphones then the speaker is probably NOT damaged.

If the audio is okay through the headphones, then the speakers MIGHT be damaged.

> Next, unplug the headphones and closely listen to audio through the speakers. Notice if any audio is coming from the right side speaker at all. If NO audio is coming through the speaker then it might not be damaged. (I mean there could be some other problem instead of speaker damage.)

If some audio is coming through but it is distorted, then it is probably damaged.

> Please reply back with the results of the above listening tests.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 30th, 2013 07:00

Hello Someshwar.

I think that you have posted 3 times asking the same question. Please explain

> the nature of the problem you are experiencing, including all symptoms of the problem. <

If you will not explain the problem then it is difficult to provide an appropriate answer.

If all you want to know is how the VLC player can cause damage to a laptop speaker, the answer is that if you increase the volume of the VLC player to 200%, it creates hard clipping which can damage small speakers.

No Events found!