Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2011 10:00

How do I actually get to talk to someone???

I've had an issue with downloading a update from Microsoft, when I gave my details to them they informed that my laptop is not registered for use in the UK. As this laptop was purchased in PC world in Essex, I'm at a loss as to wht]y this is. I have spent the past hour going around in circles trying to get a number to speak to someone. However as my warrenty has expired this is proving impossible.......Can anyone help me please?

Regards,

Dave.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 19th, 2011 10:00

You need to register systems purchased from retailers:

support.dell.com/.../retail_landing_page

3 Posts

August 19th, 2011 12:00

Thanks for that, however I would assume that when purchased and warranty started this would have been logged. I have used Dell support to have the screen replaced, surely this would have been flagged at that stage that it "wasn't UK" and how come a retailer can sell something that is not licensed for this country, there was no mention of a passport. Very confused (and fed up)

But thanks again.

Regards,

Dave.

2.2K Posts

Perhaps the MS rep you spoke with was incorrect.

Either way,  since you are out of warranty anyway, why not start a new thread with your problem details and somehere here may be able to help.

3 Posts

Hi,

Its Vista Home Premium

The update is Creative Technology Ltd. - Streaming Media and Broadcast - Creative Live! Camera

And the machine is a Studio 1737 model No 1737-6536.

Regards,

Dave

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

What is your Operating System?

What update?

What is model your system?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 19th, 2011 13:00

Try reinstalling the driver here and also Dell Webcam Centre.<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

Then try the updates again. I guess its an optional update (in Windows Update).

No Events found!