Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

127 Posts

December 11th, 2008 10:00

How or where do I find info on using the integrated webcam on a 1720?

I just got a replacement 1720, and this one has the build in webcam~ I've looked through the programs and don't see one for it.  Used the MS help & support, nothing came up in regards to how to use it.  Also, checked my Dell files, downloads, manuals etc., and didn't see any mention of a webcam there.

Anyone know where I can find info on how it works, what programs (if any) you need to use it?

Thanks,

dh

53 Posts

December 13th, 2008 08:00

I need the same thing.  Dell had to rebuild my 1720 after a crash last week and now I can't find anything to turn the integrqted webcam on.

Thanks

1 Message

February 16th, 2010 17:00

hey , im a little new to this community dell thing .... but i notice that this is the very same question i was going to ask and was wondering if u ever got it answered... if so can u tell me how or what cite they informed u of to get this answer........ thanks  -erika

127 Posts

February 16th, 2010 22:00

It's been awhile, but it seems like all I needed was to download the Dell Webcam Manager program.. try doing a search for that.

regards,

dh

263 Posts

February 17th, 2010 10:00

dhughes,

Don't have 1720 but M2010. Mine has a file in all programs of Logitech.(click start, then all programs)  Click the file and  Logitech Quickcam appears. Did you check device manager under Imaging Devices to see if there is anything? Mine is Quickcam for Dell notebooks.

Hope this helps you look to see if it's even on your system.

Good luck

1 Message

January 12th, 2015 12:00

I have the same issue on my ispiron 3520. They basically offer no support at all--that is unless you are willing to pay them. Rest assured I will NEVER buy a dell computer again in my life. Other companies,specifically HP offer great customer support, but all dell wants to do is to jerk you around.

No Events found!