Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2016 08:00

How to repair by myself after water spill in premier keyboard of Dell XPS 12 9250

After water spill in premier keyboard of Dell XPS 12 9250 due to the incidence, the keyboard can not work: there is no power; the light is not lit; the touchpad is also unavailable. I want to repair it by myself. Where is the service manual? How should I repair it by myself?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 30th, 2016 05:00

Service manual:

www.dell.com/.../en-us

If the system was powered on when the spill happened, you're looking at a mainboard and probably a keyboard replacement as well,   This will not be an inexpensive accident to remediate as a result.

Mainboard:

These don't appear to be available from third parties.  You'll need to contact Dell, but I'd guess a price of between $400-500 depending on which CPU you have and how much RAM.

Keyboard:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

2 Posts

August 30th, 2016 10:00

Thank you for the information. I have downloaded the service manual PDF, but I couldn't  find any method to deal with the separated keyboard. Because the separated keyboard includes touch pad or different circuit from other type keyboard. So keyboard will have to be replaced.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 30th, 2016 11:00

The keyboard unit simply detaches from the main system - first thing to try is doing just that (detach the keyboard from the system and see if it'll then power up).  If it will, it may be you'll need to contact Dell to replace the entire keyboard assembly as a single unit.

If it still won't power up with the keyboard detached, in all honesty you're probably better off replacing the system than in buying the parts to repair this one - you'll likely spend over 50% of what the system cost initially just for a mainboard alone.

No Events found!