Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

November 23rd, 2017 03:00

How to view/enable bluetooth services (bluetooth windows service is already working) on E5450 with Windows 10?

I want to play music on my mobile phone but listen the sound on my E5450 laptop, using bluetooth (not other methods)

I have paired the device with the laptop, but I see no options in Windows about what bluetooth services is Windows offering to paired devices.

The laptop is using latest Intel bluetooth driver for the device that appears in device manager with name "Intel Wireless Bluetooth", with these hardware ids:

USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B&REV_0001

There is a "bluetooth headset service" on windows with start type manual, I've started hoping it would allow phone to "see" the laptop as a bluetooth audio headset but no change.

I remember old Windows had a "Services" tab sheet on the bluetooth settings but on my W10 is gone.

Is this gone for good from Windows 10, or only on my laptop? Using latest released windows version.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 23rd, 2017 06:00

I’m not sure where to find that info, but streaming audio from your phone to the PC would require that the PC act as an A2DP target, and to my knowledge Windows only acts as an A2DP source.

No Events found!