Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 10th, 2014 23:00

I Can't turn on wifi on dell vostr 2420

I am not able to turn on  wifi button in Dell Vostro 2420.

The wifi button is disabled, Can any one tell how to enable the wifi button.

Thanks

Ajith

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

January 11th, 2014 03:00

Hi Ajith,

Fn + F2 or F2(depending on the settings in BIOS), should be used to enable or disable wireless on your system.

If that does not work, let me know if the wireless card is detected in Device Manager.

Press Windows key + R and on run box type "devmgmt.msc".

Check if the wireless card is detected under network adapters.

If it is not detected, provide a screenshot of the device manger after expanding network adapter and other devices.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US CustomersIndia CustomersFor Dell support videos click here.

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

Hi Ajith,

We are glad to help you.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US CustomersIndia CustomersFor Dell support videos click here.

2 Posts

Thanks a lot  Manshu

This worekd for me.

Thanks

Ajith

1 Message

June 11th, 2014 04:00

Dear Manshu

I am also facing the same problem in my Dell Vostro 2420. I tried the above steps. Fn + F2 didn't work, so I tried the second option.

In the device manager, under Network adapters, i found the "Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n (2.4Ghz)" tab. On selecting the same, another window came up, which showed the following error:

"This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31)"

In fact, for all the options available under the Network Adapter, the same error was shown.

Please assist at the earliest.

Also note that I had downloaded Network_Driver_K21VK_WN_9.2.0.512_A02.exe from Dell website but on running the same, the installation failed

Please provide support

Thanx and Regards

Parth Shah

1 Message

December 11th, 2014 21:00

1 Message

January 7th, 2015 14:00

I am having the same problem. I checked if a WiFi card was detecte, I did not see one. What do I do next?

No Events found!