Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2013 08:00

I cannot install wifi and bluetooth drivers for my laptop. (dell inspiron 3521)

i tried installing the drivers but i cant, help me to install the wifi and bluetooth drivers for my laptop.

750 Posts

July 15th, 2013 08:00

Hi manu22,

Welcome to Dell community!

I would like to know if you have reinstalled the operating system and trying to reinstall the drivers. If that is the case, please refer the following article for instructions to install all the drivers in the correct order: http://dell.to/Ynnsnr

If the issue persists, please let me know what exactly happens when you try to install the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers, and include any error message that appears. Also, confirm the operating system (32 or 64-bit) installed in the computer.

2 Posts

September 10th, 2013 06:00

My Operating System is 64 bit. I tried to install all the drivers in the correct order as listed in the article: http://dell.to/Ynnsnr

I had firstly installed the File DW1703.....installation process was complete. But when i tried to detect the wifi and bluetooth drivers, they were as it is.

I, then tried to install the File DW1704.....the installation process was stopped informing "Unable to install bluetooth drivers"

What else should i try?

• 

3.3K Posts

September 10th, 2013 09:00

Hi Ahtesham,

On this system model wireless and blue tooth is a combo card. W1703 WiFi/Bluetooth 4.0 combo card and DW1704 WiFi/Bluetooth 4.0 combo card are the two types of cards shipped with this system. If your system is shipped with DW 1703 card, the first driver which successfully installed will take care of the problem.

You need not DW 1704 driver as your system does not have that card. Revert for further queries.

2 Posts

September 11th, 2013 01:00

My system is shipped with DW 1703 Card and i tried to install its relevant drivers. But when found no effect i tried the DW 1704 result being the same.

Please advice.

• 

3.3K Posts

September 11th, 2013 07:00

Hi Ahtesham,

Please click on the link below and check if it is same driver you installed.

http://dell.to/15W4XcF

Check if there is any bang under Network Adapters in the Device Manager. Or provide the screen shot of the Device manager with Network Adapters expanded.

Let me also know the message you are getting while connecting to wireless.

4 Posts

November 21st, 2013 00:00

I have same issue of failure with installing bluetooth + wifi.

I did not install driver in order, and now that I have install all driver except the 1704 wifi+bluetooth, do i need to format and reinstall again with the correct order?

i'm using windows7 32-bit

1 Message

August 30th, 2015 00:00

I have dell inspiron 3521 and wifi sign was  not showing in it. But when i shake it then it start working. After some hours it again stops, it happened many times from a month. finally it stops .    

so I tried  to install Bluetooth and WIFI driver  and facing issue which given below in image: 

Please help me.

October 5th, 2017 11:00

i am also getting same problem while installing the network driver

inspiron 3551

windows 7 64 bit

No Events found!