Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 30th, 2011 03:00

I have Cosmetic Damage on my laptop.......

I was sorta wondering is it covered by warranty and I can't even seem to send it in for repairs I always get an error on the page. I'm hoping that I don't have to go through a whole lot over this minor amount of damage.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 30th, 2011 04:00

Cosmetic damage is not covered by the warranty - only if you have a complete care policy is it covered.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

May 30th, 2011 11:00

Is it a piece of the actual LCD missing or of the plastics holding the LCD in place?

Note if it is quite a common dell laptop sometimes you may find the plastic parts sold on the likes of ebay.

Dell provide a service manual for practically all their systems which tells you essentially how to replace every part of the laptop.

It may be a case of getting the plastic part unscrewing a couple of screws, putting the new part in and then screwing it back together. If you're not too confident about it get a friend who is.

3 Posts

May 30th, 2011 03:00

and sorry its a small piece missing at the bottom-right corner of my screen and I only have the basic warranty.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Dell charges $160 for any repair other than a mainboard or LCD screen replacement.

3 Posts

Thanks I found out that it isn't covered only a little while ago and I only want to know how much would it cost to get it repaired.....thanks for the help

90 Posts

May 30th, 2011 17:00

It depends on your exact warranty conditions but...

WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER DAMAGE DUE TO EXTERNAL CAUSES, SUCH AS ACCIDENT, ABUSE, MISUSE, PROBLEMS WITH ELECTRICAL POWER, SERVICE NOT PERFORMED OR AUTHORIZED BY DELL (INCLUDING INSTALLATION OR DE-INSTALLATION), USAGE NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE INSTRUCTIONS, NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, OR USE OF PARTS AND COMPONENTS

I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for anything other than handing over money if you want it fixed. See also this thread en.community.dell.com/.../19874724.aspx

No Events found!