Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 22nd, 2013 15:00

I need a replacement keyboard for 5720.

About 8 months after i purchased my Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 my daughter decided it would be fun to spill her drink on my keyboard. I immediately turned my laptop off, stripped it down and when to rubbing alcohol town. Got everything dried and cleaned but when i turned my laptop on random keys just started to enter themselves and stick. So i unplugged my keyboard and put in my blue tooth keyboard/ mouse combo and have been using it ever since. Since then i have tried to find a new keyboard for the 5720 with no luck and i have looked EVERYWHERE. So my question is this; Can i use a replacement keyboard from a 5721, or 7720, 7721... Basically anything from the 17r series? OR do i have to specifically use a keyboard from the 5720 series, if so where might i purchase a 5720 keyboard. Thank you in advance!

David

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

October 22nd, 2013 15:00

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 22nd, 2013 16:00

Hi David,

It is an accidental damage and does the computer has an active warranty and covered under complete care warranty? You can check the warranty status here (Enter the service tag, click submit and check for the warranty status). In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services. If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact our Expired Warranty Services (this is for US based customers).
Below is the Keyboard part numbers for Inspiron 5720:

• 454RX
  • 8XN0P

You can get the parts on EBay or Amazon, or please contact Dell out of warranty team for purchasing the right parts. Dell out of warranty contact # 800-288-4410.

1 Message

November 13th, 2013 10:00

I also have to replace a damaged keyboard on an Inspiron 17R, but was wondering if I can upgrade to a back-lit keyboard at the same time.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 13th, 2013 12:00

It depends on the exact system model - 17R covers quite a few, some of which do and some do not support backlit keyboards.

No Events found!