This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2011 05:00

I've messed with IDT Audio Control default settings

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 28th, 2011 06:00

dell-boy,

this is the 2nd time you have posted without writing anything except the subject line. You need to type in some text with the model name of your laptop and its operating system, and a complete description of the problem and its symptoms, and what you have tried so far to fix it.

5 Posts

April 29th, 2011 05:00

Hello Jimco, I apologise for that. I am actually adding information regards my issue and things I have tried to resolve it but when I press "post" only the header comes up and the text section is blank!!! I am typing this in a text document and will paste it to see if that resolves this problem. Dell-boy

5 Posts

April 29th, 2011 05:00

Well that seemed to work! Okay here goes..... Hello, I have a 2010 Dell Studio 1558 with Windows 7 and I am having some problems regarding sound and volume levels when talking on webcam in messenger programmes like MSN or Yahoo. Everything from the person I am chatting to not being able to hear me through to feedback and echoing. I use a Logitec hd pro c910 webcam and have not had any issues until I was an idiot and played with the settings in the IDT Audio Control Panel! Ofcourse...I cannot remember the changes I made and am therefore unable to put it back to a factory default setting. I have looked for a default button on the console itself and cannot see one, fiddled about with the setings even more as a result and probably made things worse!!! I cannot find any help documentation on my computer and have used the trouble shooting program that cam with the computer but ti no avail. Any google search I have made has not come up with any help. My webcam software and Windows software is up to date so I guess what I really need is to find out what the original settings for this control panel actually are. Any help or suggestions would be greatfully appreciated. And I promise to leave the panel alone in future!!!! Lolz. Many thanks Dell-boy

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 29th, 2011 17:00

Glad that you got the problem with posting straightened out. I don't know the exact answer to your question so I will just give some suggestions and maybe someone else will answer definitively.

One thing you can try is to reinstall the IDT software (see section 1 of the Audio Driver FAQ). When you restart the computer the software will be reinstalled and I believe the default settings will be back in place.

Another thing you can do is to make sure that any audio effects are turned off. Go to Start>Programs>Dell Webcam>Laptop Integrated Webcam>Dell Webcam Console

Look for a tab on the top left saying "effects", under "audio effects" and unclick the enable box.

Something else you can try is to open Windows Sound Recorder and record something into it. If it plays back without artifacts then likely the artifacts are being introduced by the messenger programs instead of by the IDT audio driver.

This probably isn't the problem, but there is a fix here for voice not being heard on Yahoo messenger.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 3rd, 2011 13:00

Hello. Recently some folks on the Dell Forum have been saying that the problem people are having with posting is caused by an incompatibility between the forum's software and IE9.

5 Posts

May 3rd, 2011 13:00

Hi jim...thank you for your detailed reply. I will give these suggestions a try and seem what happens . Thanks again. Dell-boy

5 Posts

May 4th, 2011 13:00

Ahhhhhh...that could be a good call Jim, I've recently changed over to IE9. as yet I haven't ahd the chance to see if your suggestions will resolve my sound issues, I managed to check the logitec webcam settings and they are all at default with out any enhancements on but I've still to see about doing what you mentioned regards the IDT panel. I'll ofcourse let you know how it goes, and maybe it'll help anyone else with similar issues albeit not caused by my fidgeting fingers!!! Thank you for the heads up on that :o) Dell-boy
No Events found!