Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2016 09:00

INSPIRON 14 5000 SERIES WON'T TURN ON

So I've tried to press the power button, obviouslly, but the laptop won't turn on. Not a single beep or flicker fron the power light occurs. It's like the laptop's dead. But when I connect the AC charger the light indicating that the laptop is charging is on....

Last thing I did: The laptop warned me that I have a low battery but I kept working... so ecentually it turned off automattically. I tried to turn it on again... without charging the battery... then it turned on, then of again... thereafter when i got home, I charged the laptop but when I press the power button... it doesn't start... can somebody help mee

2 Posts

August 31st, 2016 11:00

Are you using the original charger? -if the battery is totally empty and if you're using a wrong charger it might give problems.

Also have you tried a "hard reset"? -This goes as follows: remove battery, charger, USB's etc; remove everything you can (except parts inside the laptop) and then keep the powerbutton pressed for 30 seconds. Then put the battery (and charger) back in and try to boot again.

2 Posts

August 31st, 2016 16:00

Yes, I'm using the original charger. I've had already tried doing a hard reset; the laptop still wouldn't do anything when the power button is pressed.

No Events found!