Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2016 05:00

INSPIRON 15 3521 wifi drivers

i bought this inspiron 15 3521 laptop from a pawnshop.....ive gotten  ALL the needed drivers for windows 7.. but when i try to install the WIFI drivers.. it asks me to turn on bluetooth..... but i see no bluetooth button on the keyboard... is there any drivers.. JUST FOR WIFI ADAPTER ???

please help

1.8K Posts

March 7th, 2016 09:00

Hi,

The bluetooth module on those systems is a combo-card where it is integrated onto the same card as the wireless chip.  That means, unfortunately, I don't think you can get a driver only for the bluetooth card for the Inspiron 3521.   

I think you may need to confirm that Bluetooth is enabled in both Windows 7 and in your System Setup (BIOS).  If it is a Dell card in the system you may want to run the Dell Wireless Diagnostic Utility to see if can be helpful.  

I hope this helps.  To help me better troubleshoot this issue please right click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your Inspiron 15 3521.  Please keep all troubleshooting discussions here on this open forum so that others can see what is discussed.

Thank you,

Todd

5 Posts

March 7th, 2016 17:00

is there a way yo at least turn  ON the bluetooth 4 the sake of the installation ?

1.8K Posts

March 8th, 2016 10:00

Hello,

You need to "Enable" bluetooth to turn it on.   You would want to check the links I provided above to confirm that it's enabled in both Windows 7 and your BIOS.   Here is a link to one of our support article for bluetooth functionality. 

I hope this helps. 

Todd

5 Posts

March 8th, 2016 16:00

the link you provided has not informed me as to  HOW to enable bluetooth

1.8K Posts

March 9th, 2016 11:00

the link you provided has not informed me as to  HOW to enable bluetooth

Hi,

To enable it in Windows 7 follow the link from my first post on Monday.   Clicking on "Allow this device to pair with bluetooth devices" should enable bluetooth on your system.   To check it in BIOS follow the instructions in the "entering System Setup" link to enter your BIOS.  Depending on which version you're running you may see the option for Enabling Wireless and/or Bluetooth.   If not, go to the "Exit" screen and select the option to "load optimal defaults".  That should set Bluetooth to enabled.

Todd

5 Posts

March 9th, 2016 13:00

wemt through the entire BIOS menu and have not found bluetooth ANYWHERE

1.8K Posts

March 10th, 2016 11:00

Hello,

If there isn't an option to enable / disable bluetooth in that system's BIOS then it's limited to being enabled via Windows.   You could see if there is a newer BIOS version for the Inspiron 3521 on the Dell support site.

If Windows is unable to enable bluetooth and if the drivers for it are unable to install then the last resort is to run the Dell Wireless Diagnostic utility to see if it can find an issue with the card.  I would also recommend the full system's diagnostics off the Dell support site as well.   

You may, in the end, unfortunately find that the bluetooth chip in that card has failed and the entire card needs to be replaced.

Todd

5 Posts

March 11th, 2016 12:00

the link that you provided has abolutely nothing to download... you've given it before... it was uselss then and it is useless now...thank you Kirpal

1.8K Posts

March 14th, 2016 07:00

Hello,

I don't think any of the links I provided were intended to be for downloads other than the link to the drivers page for your system (which doesn't include a bluetooth only driver).   They were mostly for support articles so I'm not sure what download you were expecting to see.

At this point I don't think I can help you any further and you may want to return that system to the pawnshop where you purchased it either for replacement or repair, if that is available to you.  Or you may want to replace that wireless card on your own if not.

Best of luck,

Todd

No Events found!