Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2009 12:00

INSPIRON 1501 NOT BOOTING

I have just changed the system board to overcome the problem of the battery not charging. I now get the green light showing the battery is charging and I know it is working because if I swap the battery to an identical machine it shows it has been charged. However the machine where I have changed the board does not start up. I get the power light on but no sound of activity from inside. Is there something else I need to do to get it started? 

3 Posts

December 10th, 2009 12:00

Hi Bambino54,

I'm not an expert at this, but thought it might be helpful if you described in more detail the change you made to the system board?  Also, have you tried turning on the affected laptop with the battery both in it and removed from it?

techtron

15 Posts

December 10th, 2009 13:00

Having had the battery charging problem almost all forums indicated that the solution was to replace the system board. This I have done and have swapped over the main processor, wireless card and memory. That is the extent of the change. (I am almost  certain that I have re-connected all of the connectors but can only be 100% certain by stripping it down again.)

15 Posts

December 11th, 2009 09:00

I found the solution by trawling other forums and it is that when I replaced the RAM onto the new board I did not push it in far enough for it to properly locate. I am now up and running!

No Events found!