Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2015 20:00

INSPIRON 3520 Frequently just 'Shutdown' almost DAILY...then died the 3-BEEPS of DEATH!!!

I purchased this brand-new in the box about 2 years ago and it worked GREAT at first, until you had to RELY on it!!!  It came with Win8 installed and later updated to 8.1.  I never cared for EITHER, as this is not a touch screen, so really a Microsoft problem there.  After trying to leave up and running as my daily machine replacement for my old desktop PC...this was definitely a HORRIBLE decision.  First of all, for about the last year or so, I would find it randomly powered-off!!!!!  Sometimes, I could be doing things and walk away for only minutes, coming back and finding it powered-off.  All, with the battery fully holding a charge and being connected to the AC adapter all the time.

I first just continued to deal with this HORRIBLE issue, never finding anything in the event logs or otherwise.  All drivers/BIOS were current.  Two days ago, I found the the laptop completely UNRESPONSIVE!!  Kept trying to reboot/NOTHING on the display, tried a different hard drive, etc...but NOTHING on BOOTUP even on the display!!!!!  Now, I still have NO display and the 3-BEEPS, which apparently is a VERY KNOWN issue on these--Horrible motherboards!!!!  I guess made in China should have been my first clue!! I can't even get the hard drive to work at all in several different PC/laptops!!  SOOOO, the laptop died with ALL its hardware!!!  Only thing I could salvage, is the DVD drive and memory!!  This is the WORSE $200 I've ever spent in my life!!!

I've purchased Dell laptops for a lot of years and NEVER had one I had to THROW out in the TRASH!!!

1 Message

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Same horrible issue. Exactly like yours.

No Events found!